The Student Room Group

How do I fix a short attention span?

Okay, I'm not sure if "Attention span" is really my problem, but I always get really tired if I have to do an hour and a half long paper and while I don't get distracted I start to become very slow and still manage to make ridiculously clumsy careless error.

This is not only detrimental to my study, but it is going to be a very big problem when I have to take my exams for real if it goes on like this, how do I fix this?
I was gonna suggest you read a self-help book but that might not be the best idea.
Original post by CancerousProblem
Okay, I'm not sure if "Attention span" is really my problem, but I always get really tired if I have to do an hour and a half long paper and while I don't get distracted I start to become very slow and still manage to make ridiculously clumsy careless error.

This is not only detrimental to my study, but it is going to be a very big problem when I have to take my exams for real if it goes on like this, how do I fix this?

what really helped me was......... ooh look! a tree!
sorry couldn't resist
I suggest you seek for help and tell your parents about it.
I had the same problem. My parents took me to a mental health service and I was diagnosed with ADD (attention deficit disorder). I have been prescribed Eqasym XL (methylphenidate) for 5 years and I must say it has helped my attention span. It is worth noting that it does not increase your attention span but increases your ABILITY TO CONCENTRATE! There wont be anything that is an instant fix, it will require some effort on your part.
Original post by CancerousProblem

You're probably stressing yourself about it too much and when it comes time to buckle down, you're spent, mentally. You just need to grow up and get to work. That's what I tell myself when I used to find myself drifting from my responsibilities. You just need to pin to it, discipline your mind, prepare ahead so you're not fatigued right before, and you need to feel confident that you can do this work, and stop letting your mind wander off to less important things. :yy:
Original post by Hippysnake
I was gonna suggest you read a self-help book but that might not be the best idea.

*talks behind hand*

He might fall asleep in the middle of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending