The Student Room Group

OCR LAW A2 Criminal Law 2015

Scroll to see replies

Got few ums short of an A but i am ok with that considering i started revision on the night before my exams
Hello, I wondered if anyone that' done A2 law knows how much detail you need for each case in criminal law like there's so many, do you need all the details?
Original post by xrcticmonkeys
Hello, I wondered if anyone that' done A2 law knows how much detail you need for each case in criminal law like there's so many, do you need all the details?

You will want to know the courts decision, why it was significant :smile: facts are also useful especially when explaining the case, but aren't always necessary

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swagyolo420
You will want to know the courts decision, why it was significant :smile: facts are also useful especially when explaining the case, but aren't always necessary

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much ☺️ Any revision tips for this year? (Other than start early/ongoing revision)
Original post by xrcticmonkeys
Thank you very much ☺️ Any revision tips for this year? (Other than start early/ongoing revision)

remember the dates and revise key dates and facts:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is the A2 structure for the law Exam set out and what techniques/structure shall we be using when we write out our answer?
Original post by swagyolo420
OKAY LETS SEE, Causation hopefully, cus it didnt come up last year, i would want omissions aswell but that came up last year, the same with murder.. :frown: MAYBE Non fatals and attempts, has ur teacher made any suggestions???

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher believes attempts may come up
Hey sorry this was 2015's predictions :smile:, I would suggest making a new thread to avoid confusion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lawstudent97
How is the A2 structure for the law Exam set out and what techniques/structure shall we be using when we write out our answer?

So section A is an essay question where you will pick 1 of 3 choices.

Usually they will consist of an offence, defence and point of law question.

Section B is a scenario question where you must use cases and legal rules and apply to the scenario in question to come to a decision about whether the defendant is guilty or not.

Again you get a choice of 3.

Section C is a small scenario and you will be given 4 statements for example
"D committed GBH when he hit V" and you must decide whether they are true or false.

Message me if ya got any problems :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys!In the part A of the paper, will one of three questions always be on defences? I've looked at past papers from 2010, and defences always comes up apart from one paper, but I was just wanting to ask if it coming up is a certainty or not?Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending