The Student Room Group

OCR LAW A2 Criminal Law 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Everything about it! Plus, I'm finding it really difficult remembering all the topics. I have been trying to memorise my notes and repeating everything but as soon as a remember one topic, I start to forget the previous topics:frown:
Original post by annie55
Everything about it! Plus, I'm finding it really difficult remembering all the topics. I have been trying to memorise my notes and repeating everything but as soon as a remember one topic, I start to forget the previous topics:frown:

I know what you mean! Its a wide work load:frown: one thing i do is have an essay plan for each topic and try and write it out every day without looking, if i dont have enough time just the ones that are more likely to come up this year:smile:

If u need any help with manslaughter message me, im always here for questions but

Think of it like this

Unlawful act manslaughter is just 3 elements

β€’unlawful act
β€’objectively dangerous
β€’caused death

In an essay all u would have to do is criticise/praise the good and bad points of each of those elements and in a scenario obviously apply them( obviously use cases in both instances and a good way to remember cases is two remember one word for each one) e.g cheshire = fish shop

And theres only 3 for gross negligence manslaughter aswell:smile:

Voluntary ms can be slighyly more complicated but is still similar:-)

We make ourselves think theres more than there really is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
Thanks for your help! Do you reckon Sec C will be on Insanity and automatism? Im learning the tests for both insanity and automatism, but not all the cases, just enough so that I have a greater understanding of it
Original post by annie55
Thanks for your help! Do you reckon Sec C will be on Insanity and automatism? Im learning the tests for both insanity and automatism, but not all the cases, just enough so that I have a greater understanding of it

Yeah well it was sec A last year so its unlikely to be an essay this year:smile: it could well be so make sure u know ur definitions!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 124
What's your bets on Attempts coming up?
Original post by annie55
What's your bets on Attempts coming up?

My predictions for section A are

Consent
Strict liability
Robbery & burglary

Section B

Theft
Murder/manslaughter
Non fatals

Section C
General defences/Vol manslaughter
Maybe attempts that would be nice
I would make sure u know the basics of attempts:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 126
Yeah I agree with your predictions, plus possible Insanity and Automatism in C:smile: what case do you reckon will be Q1 for Special study? I'm thinking Gallagher is highly likely
Original post by annie55
Yeah I agree with your predictions, plus possible Insanity and Automatism in C:smile: what case do you reckon will be Q1 for Special study? I'm thinking Gallagher is highly likely

Yeah sorry i for as including them in general sorta defences :smile:

Uhm you reminded i have a thread ready for the ssp!!:smile:

Uhhh well i thought majewski and kingston would be most obvious but my teacher has also said Hardie? I also thought about gallagher and maybe even heard if they want to test usπŸ˜…

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 128
I find Q2 on special study quite challenging. Do you have any advice on how to revise for that?
Hi, is it possible that anyone could send me any model answers on the topics that are likely to come up please? i'm self studying this year so stressing out loads! Thank you
Guys what is thr format for part c

Plus how to remember all cases
Original post by swagyolo420
Yeah sorry i for as including them in general sorta defences :smile:

Uhm you reminded i have a thread ready for the ssp!!:smile:

Uhhh well i thought majewski and kingston would be most obvious but my teacher has also said Hardie? I also thought about gallagher and maybe even heard if they want to test usπŸ˜…

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher saId majewski is.unlikely as It is too lonG for 15 mins
Original post by golden tribe
My teacher saId majewski is.unlikely as It is too lonG for 15 mins

It cant be too long. As its 16 marks you just have too write 16 marks worth of content:smile: it's likely because its pivotal to the development of intoxication

Posted from TSR Mobile
Accounting / Management Studies / Finance / Banking Tutor with an Exceptional Ability to Transfer Knowledge

I tutor undergraduate Accounting students, specializing in Financial Accounting 1 and 2, and Intermediate Accounting 1 and 2. On a case-by-case basis, I tutor upper-level accounting courses. I also teach in group settings at discounted rates.For one-on-one sessions, I offer completely individualized tutoring - according to to my student's strengths and weaknesses. You'll find that I have a unique ability to assess your knowledge gaps and develop ways to close those gaps. Reach out for help. '

I often find that students are not afraid to talk to me, but they won’t talk to their instructors for help. But you should! Instructors are there to help not just with topics, but they can help you if you have questions about how to find information you need for the class (where’s it’s located in ANGEL or if you’re seeking additional information on the topic).

β€œI am willing to teach but you must be willing and ready to learn.” If you reach out to ask for help, it shows me (and other instructors) that you want to learn!
Reply 134
I know what you mean! Its a wide work load:frown: one thing i do is have an essay plan for each topic and try and write it out every day without looking, if i dont have enough time just the ones that are more likely to come up this year:smile:

If u need any help with manslaughter message me, im always here for questions but

Think of it like this

Unlawful act manslaughter is just 3 elements

β€’unlawful act
β€’objectively dangerous
β€’caused death

In an essay all u would have to do is criticise/praise the good and bad points of each of those elements and in a scenario obviously apply them( obviously use cases in both instances and a good way to remember cases is two remember one word for each one) e.g cheshire = fish shop

And theres only 3 for gross negligence manslaughter aswell:smile:

Voluntary ms can be slighyly more complicated but is still similar:-)

We make ourselves think theres more than there really is

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I was just wondering what a 'fish shop' had to do with tracheotomy complications in Cheshire?
Original post by 08vihe
Sorry I was just wondering what a 'fish shop' had to do with tracheotomy complications in Cheshire?

The shooting took place in a fish and chip shop lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I'm new to this studentroom thing but I'm also doing the Criminal Law paper this June! I've revised all topics bar actus reus (I have done causation), mens rea and omissions as I struggle to see how you could answer a whole question on them? I have also left out strict liability; do you think I'm putting myself in a vulnerable position by leaving out so much? If I know all the other topics well enough to answer any question on them does it matter? After looking at previous papers I've noticed that they have never put all 3 of those topics together in one section but I just wanted to see what you guys thought

Also does anyone have any tips on how to prepare for Question 2 in the G154 paper?
Reply 137
The shooting took place in a fish and chip shop lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I probably wouldn't remember that as the most vital piece of information for Cheshire personally ;-)
Original post by 08vihe
I probably wouldn't remember that as the most vital piece of information for Cheshire personally ;-)

Ik ik but when my brain processes it, it feeds me the rest of the facts. Its very subjective :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 139
Will a defence always come up in section A? worried incase it won't and we haven't been taught other A questions apart from defences!

Quick Reply

Latest