The Student Room Group

Anyone started a Nursing intake at uni in March? Got a few questions?

I might be starting Nursing at uni in a March intake, i just want to know how the academic year works with doing this, do you still have around 6 weeks off at summer even though it's not the end of the academic year? I wouldn't want to not have time off in summer.

And when in the year would you have to start looking for houses for next year with people from uni? I know usually it's December/January/Feb with the September intake, but i'm just confused how it works with the March intake.

Thanks!
Original post by 95cc
I might be starting Nursing at uni in a March intake, i just want to know how the academic year works with doing this, do you still have around 6 weeks off at summer even though it's not the end of the academic year? I wouldn't want to not have time off in summer.

And when in the year would you have to start looking for houses for next year with people from uni? I know usually it's December/January/Feb with the September intake, but i'm just confused how it works with the March intake.

Thanks!

This would depend on the uni and their course structure as you need to get your hours done. And you will be told that due to NMC guidelines you have to complete so many hours theory and so many placement. And it's a busy course. Unlike other uni courses, regardless of intake you don't get as much time off uni like other students. So be prepared to be busy and not have a lot of spare time!
And you can look for houses anytime regardless of course or intake. There's no set time. Everyone always panics but no matter where you are there is always houses available.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hi I want to know I anyone has had an interview for adult nursing at wolvo uni for 2015 and was here a maths and English test?? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest