The Student Room Group

Universities with the best nightlife

Scroll to see replies

RR
YES! I love Hannah's. We go in there for pre-drinks before Jaxx/Bumper.

Haha same here :smile:
Reply 21
London, Newcastle, Manchester, Liverpool, Nottingham, Cardiff. xx
Reply 22
not Durham
I've heard Sheffield is quite good for nightlife, Birmingham, Newcastle, Leeds, there are some others i've heard that are quite good.
london has the best night life hands down.
manchester and newcastle are very good too.

nightlife is very very very important and should be there near the top of your needs, if not the top. Having an amazing time (if amazing is a great nightlife) is the main purpose of uni. Sex, drugs, 5am parties, munchies, lazers, underground, overground - get the whole lot in and your uni experience is complete. ignore the basic student life and you have lost a big chunk of your life reading books that wont make a difference in a few years time - cambridge or grimsby college - who cares, enjoy ourself, get a degree, and you will be in the same boat as everyone else but with more stories to tell (cultural capatal ahoy!)
Reply 25
Liverpool!
Ohh it's lush. HeebieJeebies, Bumper, the Blue Angel, Revolution, Korova, etc etc. There are so many places it's just crazy.
x
Sheffield's pretty damn cool.
Manchester!!!
Reply 28
Cardiff
Reply 29
i know!!!! i wish my uni had a good night life.. but they put too much work pressure on us in first year, and ease it off in the sophomore years. my first year is going to be terrible!! :bawling: no life, basically

*cries even harder*
Cardiff - whats nightlife actually like? I mean its not massive, yet a young viberant capital city... but I couldnt imagine any massive clubs
Im going to make a very rude anti Welsh comment, please avert your eyes now

There is a barn full of sheep, sheessshhh I thought that was obvious
Reply 32
Raindroped
I really think that having a good night out is more about who your with than where you are.

Absolutely spot on! We have had some of the best nights ever in some of the worst holes ever.
Noxid
Newcastle

Sorry, i missed that
Reply 34
stoney
not Durham

Then I'm going there! lol
Ill just post some opinions on the cities ive been out in:

Newcastle is pretty damm good for a night out (Im from Newcastle)
Oddly some of my best nights out have been in Durham, so thats ok too.

Have been out in Edinburgh and London a couple of times, Edinburgh was good, London was awful.
Reply 36
shredoholic_strat
Cardiff - whats nightlife actually like? I mean its not massive, yet a young viberant capital city... but I couldnt imagine any massive clubs

It's soooo good - cheap deals on somewhere every night of the week. Creation is probably the biggest club, with separate dancefloors with different music on. There's different places for whatever kinda music you like, lots of good rock nights going on in barfly, clwb ifor bach etc. The SU is pretty good too (I'm not a Cardiff Uni student but lots of my friends are! :tongue:)
Reply 37
mousey
London, Newcastle, Manchester, Liverpool, Nottingham, Cardiff. xx

Nottingham has an awesome nightlife - you can go out and have a good time with your mates, then on your way out of a club get shot. It has some serious problems, and most of the clubs are full of wannabe 50 cents.
Jordan7
Nottingham has an awesome nightlife - you can go out and have a good time with your mates, then on your way out of a club get shot. It has some serious problems, and most of the clubs are full of wannabe 50 cents.

Is it significantly worse than Manchester or London? Many cities have really rough areas and other nicer areas anyway. (london certanly). I take your point about Nottingham, except I wouldn't single it out - the other ones should be mentioned too.
Noxid
Newcastle

:ditto:

Quick Reply

Latest