The Student Room Group

Universities with the best nightlife

Scroll to see replies

I'm liking LEEDS!!.
But then again I'm from Telford which is ****,.

BUT LEEDS IS AMAZZZZZING.

I am drunk.
Reply 41
shredoholic_strat
Is it significantly worse than Manchester or London? Many cities have really rough areas and other nicer areas anyway. (london certanly). I take your point about Nottingham, except I wouldn't single it out - the other ones should be mentioned too.

Gun crime in Nottingham is mostly between gangs, and *very* rarely occurs in the city centre. As for that guys 50 cent comment, that all depends on which clubs you go to. He's talking crap, really.
Reply 42
Pav27
Gun crime in Nottingham is mostly between gangs, and *very* rarely occurs in the city centre. As for that guys 50 cent comment, that all depends on which clubs you go to. He's talking crap, really.

Who said that gun crime ONLY occurs in the city centre. Suppose you're in your second year living outside the city centre, you go out, and on your way back to your out of city centre house, you could find yourself running into a little trouble.
Cardiff, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, London, Nottingham and Liverpool are supposed to be the best. If you're worried you won't get into Bristol, maybe look at UWE?

Cardiff's amazing though- soooooo cheap, you'll find £1 drinks somewhere almost every evening of the week (except the weekend when it all gets expensive, but that's for recovering anyway :p:)
Reply 44
Elusive Moose
Cardiff, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, London, Nottingham and Liverpool are supposed to be the best. If you're worried you won't get into Bristol, maybe look at UWE?

Cardiff's amazing though- soooooo cheap, you'll find £1 drinks somewhere almost every evening of the week (except the weekend when it all gets expensive, but that's for recovering anyway :p:)

naaah not true liquid on fridays and creation on saturdays both do 5 for £5 deals :smile:
LIVERPOOL seriously liverpool has a club/bar for everyones tastes , its cheap AND cos its capital of culture the city is just going to get better and better.... i personally love it . Im gonna name a few places i like Baa bar , Jaxx, heebeejeebies, le beateau (fridays), mood, office , the union , bumper loadssssss if u wanna no anything about liverpool/uni life message me xx
Reply 46
Southampton is good, although I'm biased since I live there :rolleyes:
sunday
naaah not true liquid on fridays and creation on saturdays both do 5 for £5 deals :smile:

[Mr Burns] *Rubs hands* Excellent [/Mr Burns]
Reply 48
I'm going to stick up for Nottingham: it has a brilliant nightlife and is always a good night out. I have friends who have been there a year and not seen any crime whatsoever. In fact, gun crime stats showed that Northampton has more gun crime! It's just the media blowing everything out of proportion: don't let the crime rate be a factor.

Loughborough night life is pretty awesome too. A Students Union with 5 rooms (Room One, Cognito, Lava, Piazza and JCs), there's a good 6 or 7 clubs in the town centre, and lots of brilliant pubs and bars. You don't need a city to have fun.
Reply 49
Elusive Moose
[Mr Burns] *Rubs hands* Excellent [/Mr Burns]

you knows it :wink: bear in mind liquid can be a bit messy, but hey as a local whos been there countless times since I was 16 or so, gotta say I'll always have a soft spot for fridays in liquid :bumps: and you can always get in there, have your 5 drinks then get in barfly or somewhere!
Reply 50
London doesn't have to expensive at all.

Monday night: On Anon, Piccadilly Circus. £1.95 double smirnoff vodka and red bull
Tuesday night: The Loop, Oxford Street. £1.95 double smirnoff vodka and red bull. <-- Had such a great night here last Tuesday. Wicked club - goes two floors underground.
Sports Cafe, Piccadilly Circus. Free entry. £1 pint.
Wednesday night: Cheapskates, Moonlighting Club, Soho. £0.80p vodka and coke.
etc etc

Of course there are the places you don't go to every night of the week, such as Fabric (£15 entry, but then again 10pm -7am) and Firehouse South Kensington (£7.50 JD and coke) - but Fabric is actually insanely awesome and worth the £15! Last week Mylo and Fatboy Slim played on the same night, in the same room.

Hammersmith Palais..Kokos..The End (lots of pill-popping here!)..Ministry of Sound..Crazy Larrys..and these places have student nights which can be very cheap if you buy the right drinks.
Reading has a fab nightlife, and it's close to London!

Norwich has an amazing nightlife, and from what I've heard (I haven't been clubbing in Norwich, which is strange as I live close to it).
Reply 52
yes don't forget Bristol, plenty to offer you. pesky notherners and their cold cities :biggrin:

Reading...yeah maybe, nothing compared to a decent city tho. but for a large town/applying to be a city its well stocked, plenty to do/drink :biggrin:
god im so pissed
Reply 54
Does anyone know if Bournemouth University has a good night life??
Reply 55
best nightlife is in retard universities like hertfordshire, wolverhampton, kingston etc.
Newcastle :smile:
Conure
Well, from just browsing over prospectuses the ones I have liked so far are Bristol (ideally i'd love to go here, but i doubt they'll accept me.)
London Met
Goldsmiths college london
Newcastle uni (I like newcastle a lot)
UEA (really like the course they offer)
Manchester uni

No idea how these rank up, other than bristol. This is just from reading forums, and looking at the prospectuses.

I live in Bristol :smile: There are so many bars and clubs. If you're not quite into that there's the Watershed (cinema showing foreign films with a bar) and the Carling Academy where loads of good bands play.

Also, there's loads of things to do in Cardiff, my friend went there & loves it!
Reply 58
London beats them all obviously though
I cant believe some people are quoting manchester and leeds and all that without mentioning Newcastle, we've won awards for nightlife(:

But yeah not that any other places are bad, its just a bit crap that i wanna go to a uni with good nightlife and im already living in bloody newcastle :/
Loads of my friends at work who are at uni atm say they know people who came to newcastle solely for the nightlife but i guess whatever floats your boat really..

My only problem is i really wanna go to a nice historic place but they're all places like durhama nd st andrews that are so ideallic D:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending