The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh offer system

Just curious as to how edinburgh uni gives out offers. For many courses the stabdard offer is AAA, yet the minimum is BBB. What qualifies someone to get a lower offer? Furthermore it says AAA for candidates with strong A* gcse. My friends who got 8 a* at gcse got a BBB offer, yet another one of my friends got an AAA offer and she has 4 a* (I think). Is it just based on how much they like your personal statement?
Reply 1
Someone answer please
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by hau28
Just curious as to how edinburgh uni gives out offers. For many courses the stabdard offer is AAA, yet the minimum is BBB. What qualifies someone to get a lower offer? Furthermore it says AAA for candidates with strong A* gcse. My friends who got 8 a* at gcse got a BBB offer, yet another one of my friends got an AAA offer and she has 4 a* (I think). Is it just based on how much they like your personal statement?

It's based on a lot of things, applications are handled department by department and each department is looking for different things, because of this it's hard to tell what the University (or any university) is looking for! Just make sure you aim for high A-levels and you'll be okay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending