The Student Room Group

DSA Upgrade

Hi. I'm just contacting my supplier for my equipment and one of the things I'm eligible for is an olympus dm-670 dvr (+ zoom mic). I just wanted to know how this has been working out for other people and whether it's worth upgrading to say the dm-901 or some other recorder. Price isn't really an issue because I managed to save up a bit over summer and I feel as though this is the one thing that can really make a massive improvement to my studies so I wouldn't mind investing in something better. Thanks!
Reply 1
The DM-650 and DM-670 are the most commonly used DVR's in DSA. The DM-670 has larger 8GB storage and up to 999 indexes. The only difference with the DM-901 is that you get the new style screen menu system, rather than older LCD display and it supports wifi indexing (though this won't work with most uni systems that require logon). It a bit too complex to use for some; and the downside of the DM-901 is half the storage space of the DM-670 at 4GB.

I have a DM-450, DM-650 and DM-7 sat on my desk and I use the older DM-450 the most (but you can't get them now). In my opinion, the DM-670 is a better model.
Reply 2
Ok thanks for your advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest