The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Accommodation at Northumbria

I'm planning to start at Northumbria in September studying Early Primary Education and I'm not sure which accommodation to apply for. I was at De Montfort in Leicester for a short while before I decided the course wasn't for me and the accommodation was pretty bad! I'm looking for something sociable, close to the city campus so I can get the free shuttle bus to coach lane in the morning and quite clean/modern/comfortable (not a sh*thole) with an en-suite and parking as I'll be on placements quite regularly.

If any current students or people that have looked round etc. could help, it would really be appreciated!

Thank You :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I am looking for for the exactly the same things in accommodation as you, i want it to be sociable but i want to have a en suit and be close to the uni too! I applied for Manor Bank as my first choice as apparently it is one of the more sociable halls that has en suits and it is close to the campus! But I'm not sure if it has parking, have a look on northumbria website at it and it will give you an idea! Im going to be studying Forensic Science and Criminology and so excited but I'm defiantly looking forward to the social life as well :P You get the choice to put a sociable or quite preference when applying for accommodation as well which means hopefully we will be in a flat with people who clicked the same preference :smile:
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
As far as I know it's only Knoll Court and Camden Court that have both an en suite and parking, but they don't exactly look like 5* hotels 😂 have you done your accommodation and that already then?
Ah right yeah, both of them seem quite nice! Not much of a difference to the other en suit halls apart from the fact that they don't accommodate as many students but i doubt that would make a huge difference :smile: other option is to go for an accommodation without parking space and find somewhere close that offers cheap parking i guess & yeeah haha, i decided to just get it all done with as I'm set on the fact I would like to stay in Manor Bank and pretty sure the rooms are allocated by who applied first etc, so wanted the best chance of getting a room there :P
Not sure which accommodation to apply to. I won't have a car so I'm not sure which one to pick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adelehazel
Ah right yeah, both of them seem quite nice! Not much of a difference to the other en suit halls apart from the fact that they don't accommodate as many students but i doubt that would make a huge difference :smile: other option is to go for an accommodation without parking space and find somewhere close that offers cheap parking i guess & yeeah haha, i decided to just get it all done with as I'm set on the fact I would like to stay in Manor Bank and pretty sure the rooms are allocated by who applied first etc, so wanted the best chance of getting a room there :P

What date do you put for moving in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by adelehazel
I am looking for for the exactly the same things in accommodation as you, i want it to be sociable but i want to have a en suit and be close to the uni too! I applied for Manor Bank as my first choice as apparently it is one of the more sociable halls that has en suits and it is close to the campus! But I'm not sure if it has parking, have a look on northumbria website at it and it will give you an idea! Im going to be studying Forensic Science and Criminology and so excited but I'm defiantly looking forward to the social life as well :P You get the choice to put a sociable or quite preference when applying for accommodation as well which means hopefully we will be in a flat with people who clicked the same preference :smile:

Hey, I'm also doing criminology and forensic science, I though I was the only one. I'm trying to look at accommodation as well, but I haven't got a clue what to apply for.
Reply 7
Hey, I'm potentially doing Early Primary Education aswell in September! I'm not 100% where to stay also, I'm coming over from Northern Ireland so I would really love somewhere nice, comfortable, social and near the shuttle bus service! I've heard Liberty Quay and New Bridge Street are very modern and social!
Reply 8
I heard new bridge street is quite a boring accommodation. Although I heard Liberty quay is amazing. Its my second choice after Manor Bank.
Original post by sunny565
I heard new bridge street is quite a boring accommodation. Although I heard Liberty quay is amazing. Its my second choice after Manor Bank.

New bridge street is my third choice as I heard it's still sociable but not as much as manor bank but is like 2 minutes to uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone looking to do 3D design? or is doing 3D design? which accommodation is best/nearest the design building?
ATTENTION: Northumbria University Students

Join the Newcastle University Freshers Group -
facebook.com/groups/1539869249593462

Join the Newcastle University Freshers Event
facebook.com/events/727811693984606/

MUST Join the National Student Applicants event -
facebook.com/events/345052432366356
Reply 12
Late, but I may still be of use. I'm a second year, so I'll try help out with this.

Try the Accommodation Map I made for info on room sizes and distances. There's 8 ensuite accommodations at Northumbria, all within a 10 minute walk of City Campus (and the City Campus East bus). Many of these are social - Liberty Quay (where I spent my first year) definitely was very social and modern (built in 2006) as was Manor Bank (built in 2007). However, Knoll Court is the only ensuite accommodation that has parking, which is available at an extra cost. You can apply to Campus Services for a car park pass, but they'll soon go :tongue:.
i heard theres still space over at liberty quay and manor bank for en-suites, non en-suites i would recommended glenamara though the place is not newly-furnished.
Hey, I'm also doing criminology and forensic science, I though I was the only one. I'm trying to look at accommodation as well, but I haven't got a clue what to apply for.

I'll also be doing forensics and criminology in september. I've applied for Liberty Quay as my top choice as I looked round it when i visited and it looked fab!
Reply 15
Original post by Beckylouevans
I'll also be doing forensics and criminology in september. I've applied for Liberty Quay as my top choice as I looked round it when i visited and it looked fab!

I have got Manor bank as my first option and liberty quay as my second choice. :smile:

Ohh sweet! Ive applied for Manor bank as my first choice accommodation :smile:
Reply 17
Go to Claude Gibb.
It's on the campus, 10 seconds away from the library, students union and all of the City Campus lecture buildings. Even if you're in the business school it's no more than a 3/4 minute walk. You also get food made for you twice a day and meet a greater variety of people than anywhere else.
Nobody goes to Gibb and regrets it but I know loads of people who regret going elsewhere as Gibb is by far the most fun, convenient and generally student-like accommodation.
Reply 18
Original post by annagray
Hey, I'm potentially doing Early Primary Education aswell in September! I'm not 100% where to stay also, I'm coming over from Northern Ireland so I would really love somewhere nice, comfortable, social and near the shuttle bus service! I've heard Liberty Quay and New Bridge Street are very modern and social!

Hey!
What did you end up choosing?
I'm 99.99% sure I'm going to put Northumbria down as my first choice for this course too but I haven't seen the accommodation and I'm just a generally indecisive person!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending