The Student Room Group

SOAS Distance learning

Hi guys, this is my first post. Im am looking for opinions on the School of Oriental and African studies distance learning programs. I did a search but any relevant posts were quite dated.
Im looking at the MSc International Business Administration degree in particular to enhance my career here in Japan but I am interested in the opinions of anyone who studied at SOAS via distance learning.
Did you feel the material you were provided and the online support was sufficient? How would you compare it to on campus study?

Thank you.
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
Sorry, I cannot offer any help on that provider specifically as I have not heard of them before.

Check what the cancellation policy is (some allow cancellations within around 14 days if you order paper materials, but may not allow cancellations if the materials are all online). If you can cancel and receive a refund, you could try enrolling on the course, looking through the materials and then simply return them if it's not something you feel is suitable for you.

Within that time, try contacting the tutor / support team with any queries that you may have; see how quickly they respond; how useful / helpful the responses are, etc.

Find out also, if the provider has a forum for you to talk to other students on the couse; it can be helpful if they do, as it makes distance learning feel less lonely. It requires a lot of motivation, but can be a good, flexible way of studying.
Hi Jdane

I am considering applying for the SOAS MSc International Business Admin via distance learning. Did you start the course and if so how have you
found it?

Really appreciative of your response.

thanks Darika

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending