The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've got a problem with organisation too... I've just had reading week, and have done no "reading" at all. I was planning on writing a couple of essays during my free time, but I guess all the free time just, erm, dissappeared. I dislike not having many lectures, mine are all over the place too. You need a structured week if you want to be organised tbh.
Reply 21
I'm also in a big city university (Manchester) i just feel very restricted i think its because i miss actual fresh air, hills and trees. I supose i've met some quite interesting people but they really seem in the minority i am starting to get worried about my second year i have no idea who i'll end up in a house with i can just see it being boring if i end up spending all my time only with those people :confused:
Reply 22
Yep, I feel that uni doesn't always turn out to be the 'best years of your life' as I have heard many people tell me. I'm in my final year at uni, in London and not much has enthused me. I've continued uni just to finish my degree and get on with things, accepting that socially, I find it a drag now - and I'm supposed to be at an apparently 'hip' uni, but I find it cold. Nevertheless, I know many people who feel this way about uni.

It's the same pressure you get for living in a city like London, which is supposed to be a 'great city' and where you can have loads of fun, etc. It's all relative. Sometimes it happens, and sometimes not.

I always feel much better, and under less pressure when I'm travelling. I make great friends and we keep in touch.

Latest

Trending

Trending