The Student Room Group

boyfriend doesn't trust me

Scroll to see replies

Why are you with him?
Original post by young_guns
The main question to ask; is his bringing this up an attempt to be controlling and manipulative, or is he just a bit immature?

If the former, it's a big red flag (and think carefully about whether it is). If the latter, talk to him and try to work through it. Talk to him about your feelings, and that you love him and wouldn't cheat on him, but his lack of trust is hurtful and he needs to come to terms with it

Tbh he rarely brings it up and refuses to talk about it if I bring it up. But once in a while he will bring it up. I am pretty sure it is an insecurity thing as he does,'t believe I love him and admits he doesn't think any girl ever has.
Original post by LolaLowe
Trust is key in a good relationship I agree, without trust a relationship is doomed to misery and/or failure.

However, if you finish this relationship and move on, you may find that you have the same issues in future relationships, that is, I think its worth trying to find out what specifically has caused the problem and if there are ways that it can be resolved. Theres no point going from relationship to relationship taking the mistrust with you.

In short. You need to find out if you have a trust issue with everyone or just him. He needs to do the same

I have had some bad relationships but always been told I am paranoid by them all. I always wondered what came first or whether I was paranoid because of them or myself.

I hope in time he can learn to trust me.
Just quit the relationship. I honestly don't know how relationship can thrive without trust.

Quick Reply