Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Pembroke College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Camford
Do not call Leicester nice.

I'm insulted: when I'm in England, Leicester is my home. Leicester is lovelyjubbly :smile:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
I most certainly was about on the night of the 8th, taking applicants into dinner and all that. What subject did you apply for? (did you get an offer btw?) you may have met me, i met so many people that week!

Pemmers?? As if. :tongue:
Reply 22
I applied for history. I don't know about an offer since I live overseas and the post is taking ages :s-smilie:

All the undergraduates I met when I was there were really friendly and genuinely nice. I don't think I met you though.. I did meet a first year medic whose name I can't remember :redface: I think maybe catharine
no that would be either hannah or jane. One of them is on tsr so if its her im sure she'll say hello eventually
Reply 24
yumyumyum
I'm insulted: when I'm in England, Leicester is my home. Leicester is lovelyjubbly :smile:

Obviously you have been staying in a nicer part of Leicester than.
yumyumyum
I applied for history. I don't know about an offer since I live overseas and the post is taking ages :s-smilie:

All the undergraduates I met when I was there were really friendly and genuinely nice. I don't think I met you though.. I did meet a first year medic whose name I can't remember :redface: I think maybe catharine

THink that was me - you're from Bahrain, right? And were wearing some rather cool colourful beads if I remember correctly. Oh, that must be so frustrating waiting for the post! Best of luck, hope it arrives soon.

(It's Hannah :biggrin: I can't remember your name either...)
Reply 26
do you know anybody studing japanese at pembroke, i have applied and have got a conditional offer and would really like to know more about the course in detail...anyone i could talk to?? any help appreciated
Reply 27
yeah that was me!

name's anisa. haha how did I get from hannah to catherine? they don't sound remotely the same.
Reply 28
Come on Pembroke people! Our thread can't be beaten for busyness by the other colleges, it should be the most active! I have an offer from Pembroke to study NatSci (Bio) (SO excited! just need the grades now!), and am curious about what life there is really like. I chose it cos it seemed to find the right balance between gorgeous oldy-worldy cambridge college atmosphere and a bubbly modern feeling, would current pembrokians agree with this? why did other applicants for 2007 choose it?
Reply 29
I got an offer to study History (AAB), choose pembroke because its small and thus i hope you get to know people better, and because of its academic reputration. And also, if i am honest, because when i walked in the gates i was just like wow! anyone else get accepted for history at pem?

hope everyone makes their grades!
Reply 30
Hey!
I got accepted for History at Pembroke too, so very happy indeedio, especially as it's unconditional so I can relax on the rest of my GAP year! :biggrin:
I chose Pembroke because it has a really strong academic rep., it's gorgeous, it's a really sporty college, has really good accomodation, and has the nicest college bar in Cambridge!

Good luck to everyone in meeting their offers, I'm sure you'll do it no probs.
Reply 31
Congrats on the unconditional offer! do you know what particular sports Pembroke have teams for?
loads, but to be fair, most of them are for fun rather than particularly serious. If there's anything you are particularly interested in i can tell you if we have it. We have all the usual ones, rowing, rugby, hockey, lacrosse etc
Reply 33
What are the Rugby and Football teams like?? I think I heard from somewhere that Cricket is the main sport, but that Rugby is really big at Pembroke too, and that the football team is in the 2nd division. Is that right??
Reply 34
also, do you know anything about the Cross-Country team?? thanks, its great to have an insider we can quiz! :smile:
Cricket? I cant say i know a single person, does anyone know if we have a cricket team? I'm sure we do somewhere. Football isn't as big here as rugby or other sports to be honest, and unfortunately i know nothing aboutthe cross country team - maybe in the summer?! There are loads of other sports you might not havetried before which are always fun to try, like archery, fencing, pistol shooting etc
Reply 36
Cool! I'd like to give archery or fencing a go! What would you say was the best thing of all about being at Pembroke?
You cant give a best thing!! its all great. Right in the middle of everywhere you might wanna go, the people are fantastic, the only thing i dont like about it is the dodgy pool table. I play quite a lot of pool and it sucks having that crappy thing.
I say Pem! But i am lazy...
Oh, and the rugby team are pretty good but the badminton team are better! 2nd division :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending