The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Pembroke College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
What's wrong with the pool table? The Junior Parlour/ bar looked really, really nice when I had a walk around on interview day...

Oh, btw, where do 1st years tend to live? Is everyone together in Foundress or are people scattered according to what type of rooms they want??
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
its broken, wonky, and you have to press the side to get the cue ball out. They live all over college, but th majority are in Foundress. Most of the upper years live in houses outside college so nearly all accommodation is freshers.
Reply 42
yeh I thought the junior parlour looked really cosy and fun in interview day, o and is it true that Pembroke has one of the best table football tables in cambridge? I read that in the alternative prospectus. making making up for the dodgy pool table ???
I've never actually played on the table football so i cant really say, but at only 20p a go i cant complain! yeah the JP is great, always a hive of activity.
Reply 44
d-r-d

Oh, btw, where do 1st years tend to live? Is everyone together in Foundress or are people scattered according to what type of rooms they want??

Basically seems to be if you pick the top price range you live in foundress. If you pick the middle you live in New Court and if you pick the bottom range you live in the Old Court. There are other rooms which I'm not sure about and I don't really know exactly though.
The other place is red building which is the same as new court.
Reply 46
And Orchid which is probably between New Court and Foundress (literally and pricewise).
orchid? never heard of it.
Reply 48
Orchard sorry. V-X Staircases.
Reply 49
So what are the rooms in the Red Buildings and New Court like compared to those in Foundress?

Does it tend to get quite cliquey in the different buildings??
they're older and a bit smaller but also cheaper! they have more of an 'atmosphere' about them but i like my modern living so like being in foundress! its not really expensive accom either, even though its the most expensive here. You dont really get cliquey in corridors at all, not that ive found. you gt to know pretty much everyone and people tend to associate in pretty large social groups. My corridor is really close, we do lot of stuff as a corridor, but we do lots of things with other people too. I'm sure it does happen in places but i certainly havnt found it. Pembroke is fantastic, you guys are going to love it!
Reply 51
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know what the dates for 2007 Freshers week are, or would know where to find them?

Thanks very much, :smile:
Hi, i'm thinking about applying to Pembroke for history or theology next year, do i have a good chance with the following grades: 5A* 4A, AAAAAAA + AEA merit?

Thank you - i visited it recently and have to say it's lovely.
Firstly, you don't get a Fresher's week, you get three days! You'll come down, probably the 30th Sept (a Sunday) and lectures will start on the Thursday, the first Thursday in October.

ExamWorrier, your grades are obviously fine, but naturally I can't say whether you have a shot as I dont know you and your passion for subjects etc, but grades wont be an issue. Yes Pembroke is absolutely fantastic! apply here! and you'll probably meet me at interviews (I like to help out with these things).
Reply 54
can any of the current pembroke people get me a ticket to the may ball? they were selling them at my college last weekend but i missed it because i was in hospital now i can't get one :frown: anyoneeeee?
we're all sold out im afraid!
Reply 56
ahh i thought you would be :P thanks anyway :smile:
no problem, there is a waiting list i think, but tbh I dont fancy your chances!
Reply 58
it's ok, i'll go to downing :smile:
Yes we have cats, I believe the one in the prospectus lives on LL staircase. And she's such a flirt, she'll come up to you and rub around your legs but run away the minute you bend down to stroke her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending