The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Pembroke College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

lol, im actually a bit more relieved seeing others not hearing anything either .... ffs most of my friends who applied have got interviews. I'm applying for engineering
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
we need more participants in this thread, wats u guys' average ums (most relevant)
Original post by xijinping
lol, im actually a bit more relieved seeing others not hearing anything either .... ffs most of my friends who applied have got interviews. I'm applying for engineering

Most of the people in my school who applied have heard as well :s-smilie:
thank godness where all on the same page. When yall recieve your interview please tell us
Reply 1164
I agree. If and when you get an offer, could you post to let us know. Or else I might die of this wait..
Reply 1165
Original post by justthatboy
thank godness where all on the same page. When yall recieve your interview please tell us

You know what's really depressing is that in the email they sent me they said that we should contact them if we haven't heard by the 27th November. In other words, they have every right to make us wait until then before telling us - granted it would be a dick move tho
Original post by 8752
You know what's really depressing is that in the email they sent me they said that we should contact them if we haven't heard by the 27th November. In other words, they have every right to make us wait until then before telling us - granted it would be a dick move tho

They aren't sitting on a pile of confirmed invites/rejections just waiting to send them at the last minute.

As I said in the main thread, do you *really* want them to rush and potentially make errors, or take due time and consideration over the 1000's of applications they receive?

Patience...
Reply 1167
Original post by jneill
They aren't sitting on a pile of confirmed invites/rejections just waiting to send them at the last minute.

As I said in the main thread, do you *really* want them to rush and potentially make errors, or take due time and consideration over the 1000's of applications they receive?

Patience...

I wish I had more patience lol
But isn't it that they have to give interviews to people who meet their UMS requirements?
Original post by 8752
I wish I had more patience lol
But isn't it that they have to give interviews to people who meet their UMS requirements?

Depends. What course are you applying for - and what's your UMS?

And even if you do "auto-qualify" they still have to schedule individual interviews, etc. It's a lot of work.
Pembroke I'm dying here
Guys, I just received my invite for Maths so you shouldn't have to wait much longer :awesome:
Hi everyone!
I've applied for physical NatSci, and i've yet to hear anything from Pembroke about an interview... :frown:
Reply 1172
They must be sending them now, I just received an invitation to bio NatSci interview :smile:
Hi guys,

about 3 hours ago I recieved an invitation from Pembroke. I applied for natural sciences and I am an EU student. Good luck to you all. I hope you will get an email soon!
My best friend got an interview for Chemistry today. She got reallocated from Balliol (no surprise there). I'm still waiting to hear from Somerville, but thought I'd drop by and say good luck to all of you!
Reply 1175
Original post by Kaddy_Dee
My best friend got an interview for Chemistry today. She got reallocated from Balliol (no surprise there). I'm still waiting to hear from Somerville, but thought I'd drop by and say good luck to all of you!

lol it seems you have ended up in the wrong thread - this is for Pembroke Cambridge - not Pem. Oxford. Anyway good luck to you and your friend and to all others who have been called to interview at PemCam.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1176
Original post by april67
Hi guys,

about 3 hours ago I recieved an invitation from Pembroke. I applied for natural sciences and I am an EU student. Good luck to you all. I hope you will get an email soon!

Good luck! When's your interview?
Original post by 8752
Good luck! When's your interview?

the 10th
Reply 1178
Original post by april67
the 10th

Ahh cool. Mine's on the 6th and the 7th - relatively early I guess. Anyway gd luck!
Original post by Jordan\
Guys, I just received my invite for Maths so you shouldn't have to wait much longer :awesome:

jordan we are getting closer, one more hurdle left!!!!! my invitation is on the 9th. pm me how you are going to prepare. going to start now!!!
JuST to clarify they are also giving out interviews out tomorrow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending