The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Pembroke College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jordan\
Does anybody know anything about the Maths Test (or "Preparation":wink: at interview? It would be much appreciated :smile:

Rumour is that it got jumbled up with Trinity's Maths Test

Sorry to hear that fam
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by Hannah110
Interview for Engineering on the 7th!!!

Congrats!!! who are ur interviewer? also have u got any idea what the bloody pre-admission test is like? (ie past papers???)
Original post by xijinping
Congrats!!! who are ur interviewer? also have u got any idea what the bloody pre-admission test is like? (ie past papers???)

Thank you!!! Dr Guillaume Hennequin and professor Andrea Ferrari, and no I can't find anything on the pre-admissions 'questions before interview' test without calling it a test 😂 Absolutely no clue what that's all about......👍🏻
interview for Natsci on the 11th with Warren Galloway and Dr Mikhelm (a genetics professor). Anyone else got these guys?
Original post by Kaddy_Dee
My best friend got an interview for Chemistry today. She got reallocated from Balliol (no surprise there). I'm still waiting to hear from Somerville, but thought I'd drop by and say good luck to all of you!
Why did you say "no surprise there"? Is Balliol is popular? I'm hoping I get an interview for Biomed but there are only 2-3 places. :-s
Original post by Daisy May
Why did you say "no surprise there"? Is Balliol is popular? I'm hoping I get an interview for Biomed but there are only 2-3 places. :-s

This is the Cambridge Pembroke thread...
Original post by jneill
This is the Cambridge Pembroke thread...
I KNOW, I'm just asking why they weren't surprised their friend was reallocated from BALLIOL (in OXFORD).
Original post by daisy may
i know, i'm just asking why they weren't surprised their friend was reallocated from balliol (in oxford).

Ah, THAT MAKES SENSE
Anybody interested in sharing a cab to Cambridge from Heathrow? My daughter and I are arriving on Dec. 8 at 3pm. Also, Cambridge to Heathrow on Dec. 9 at around 3:30pm.
Anybody interested in sharing a cab to Cambridge from Heathrow? My daughter and I are arriving on Dec. 8 at 3pm. Also, Cambridge to Heathrow on Dec. 9 at around 3:30pm.
Reply 1210
@Percypig17 I've got the same! And on the 11th as well. Isn't it Dr Micklem though? What time is your interview?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by EUparent

May i recommend getting the train to Cambridge. It will work out cheaper and the city center and college is only a 20 min walker from the station. There are also regular shuttle buses from the station.

Downside is that you need to change trains twice but its not too bad.
Anyone interviewing on the tenth? Came in on Friday as well, for physical Natsci :smile:

M8, no one in this thread knows anything about oxford admission process...... dont waste ur time here

Balliol is ridiculously oversuscribed. Probably because of Harry Potter lol... Don't worry, though. The pool system will just allocate you to another college if there are too many applicants and not enough spaces to give everyone an equal chance :smile:
Hey, yeah you're right it is haha. My first interview is at 12:15 and the second is at 1:30. How about you? And what are you doing to prepare?

Original post by fourmi
@Percypig17 I've got the same! And on the 11th as well. Isn't it Dr Micklem though? What time is your interview?
Original post by Kaddy_Dee
Balliol is ridiculously oversuscribed. Probably because of Harry Potter lol... Don't worry, though. The pool system will just allocate you to another college if there are too many applicants and not enough spaces to give everyone an equal chance :smile:
Thanks for your reply. I've got an interview at Balliol :smile:! I'll go back to the Oxford applicants' thread now... :wink:
Reply 1217
Original post by Percypig17
Hey, yeah you're right it is haha. My first interview is at 12:15 and the second is at 1:30. How about you? And what are you doing to prepare?

Mine is earlier, the first is at 10:30 and the second at 11:45.
Well, I don't really know what to do to prepare, I had some practice interviews with my teachers and I'm just generally revising the things I mentioned in my personal statement and AS stuff... What about you? And what A-levels are you doing? :smile:
After those interviews I'm definitely not getting an offer, but good luck to everyone else :smile: I hope you all get in in the end, Pembroke was a lovely college!
Original post by Rishabh21
May i recommend getting the train to Cambridge. It will work out cheaper and the city center and college is only a 20 min walker from the station. There are also regular shuttle buses from the station.

Downside is that you need to change trains twice but its not too bad.

We ended up taking the train and we made it in 3h, only because we took the local to Cambridge, which takes about 1/2 h longer. The rush hour at Kings Cross is hectic but we had no problems finding everything. Avoid the 4-6pm time and take the bus, if you have luggage. Tough to travel with big suitcases in the tube.

Quick Reply