The Student Room Group

A2 Biology coursework

Hi everyone :smile:

I am stuck in which statistical test to do for my A2 Bio coursework, my experiment is the effect of light wavelength on the rate of photosynthesis but I measured the rate of photosynthesis by measuring water uptake as water is directly linked to it and my school didnt have good enough equipment to measure the volume of released oxygen

I would have liked to have done the chi square test as it will show if light wavelength does actually have an affect on the rate of photosynthesis but by measuring water uptake in an hour, my expected values are less than 1 and I cant even do yeats correction

Please help!!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Original post by Ayeshaa2
Hi everyone :smile:

I am stuck in which statistical test to do for my A2 Bio coursework, my experiment is the effect of light wavelength on the rate of photosynthesis but I measured the rate of photosynthesis by measuring water uptake as water is directly linked to it and my school didnt have good enough equipment to measure the volume of released oxygen

I would have liked to have done the chi square test as it will show if light wavelength does actually have an affect on the rate of photosynthesis but by measuring water uptake in an hour, my expected values are less than 1 and I cant even do yeats correction

Please help!!!!

I'm sorry this is a late reply - is this the experiment with two separate wavelengths of light being tested? If so the standard error is the correct statistical test :smile:
Reply 3
My reply is even later haha :colondollar: but no, it was various wavelengths being tested but I have already done the one way ANOVA statistical test and submitted the coursework but thank you for your response & suggestion :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending