The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reminder: This thread has been made 'clean' again after removing some offensive posts. Just a reminder to keep it friendly and to keep the matter of race when used inappropriately out of discussion please. Thanks a bunch.
Original post by Ikidyounot.
Kanye West. Genius.

Also, does anyone know where I can find a good audio of All Day? Preferably a live performance. All the youtube ones have been muted due to copyright (read being too radical :wink: )

Here you go.

https://bop.fm/s/kanye-west/all-day?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=wpcomwidgets.com
I could listen to this all day hehe. Really like the vocals- I think it's Theophilus London- I'm not used to hearing male voices singing like that, so rough and raw.

I think you said you haven't heard much Hip-Hop or Kanye, but if you like that I'd suggest getting Yeezus (his last album), as the new album (So Help Me God) is meant to be Yeezus part 2 and All Day fits that description. Here is a track from Yeezus - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViGNBLQpGWE
Fave is hold my liquor. :yep:

Most of the first half of the album for me. Do you listen to much Hip-Hop then? Who else do you like?

Might have got you mixed up with another poster.
I didn't really rate All Day tbh, dunno why

But I haven't rated Kanye since MBDTF
Original post by Wilfred Little
El-P (& Run The Jewels/Killer Mike)

Glad someone said it. RTJ2 was hands down the best record (of any genre) last year.

Surprised no-one's mentioned Aesop Rock yet though
I thought the guy who did swiggity swag was pretty dope. In that one track his rhymes went everywhere any other rapper has ever dared to explore. Trust me that **** is fo real, yo.
Original post by cant_think_of_name
Glad someone said it. RTJ2 was hands down the best record (of any genre) last year.

Surprised no-one's mentioned Aesop Rock yet though

Free download as well. RTJ3 already confirmed.

Tried listening to Aesop Rock but sounds like he's got a blocked nose to me so gave up quite early on but intend to give him another try. Love Daylight though.
Do you listen aesthetically, or for the content also

I like both, I can happily listen to just a load of big flows over a nasty beat, whilst I also can appreciate good lyricism (and when I say lyricism, I don't mean telling a story, I mean using clever bars which make you think)

As far as modern rappers go, Kanye is one of my favourites, just haven't rated anything he's done for a long time, Late Registration and Graduation were great albums to me.

I like them both, but Leshurr's more fun.

Meh, tbh, I ain't big on any female grime MCs tbh. Leshurr has bars, but I wouldn't listen non-stop, this is my favourite tune of hers

Reply 129
Original post by scrotRot

stfu.

Yo, who you tellin to stfu. Ima fu so you flip up. I got the bars to get you parred so dont be dissin no M&Ms cause the haraam ones are my fav, whats yours?

I dont need to be listenin to no batty mans with your batty man skinny jeans and your hair slicked back wiv grease. You so full of grease ima like say what! and i dunno know bout you but I know bout me but I cant tell you what it really is, I can only tell you what it feels like. And right now its a steel knife in my windpipe. I cant breathe cause you blew me away, right back to ma daddys house. He's waitin to do our Nikkah :biggrin:
“So just incase you don’t remember me I’ll run your brain around the block to jog your f*ckin memory” - Eminem
Strange most of the top 20 best living rappers saying eminem is GOAT our atlest top 5 .Funny when someone angry because they are clueless about eminems lyrics. Its better when all songs is about shooting people. I understand that. Easy to understand if you dont understand rap
Reply 132
Original post by hau28
I stand by my statement that only a white person would consider eminem the greatest rapper of all time, so no worming out. It's not my fault if you try to wrongly misinterpret it to fit your own agenda. You're just butt hurt that others called you out on your pathetic attempts to be controversial on the other thread. I stand by my statement that only a white person would consider eminem to be the greatest rapper of all time and many others on this thread agree with me. You're the only one trying to take pseudo-offence.

please provide links for where any drake has ever referred to eminem as THE GREATEST of all time. You failed to do so when I asked you before.

https://youtu.be/7jGXTNcYE40?si=rDUKqIyVVFgqz4W_

Eight years later, and I just come across your ridiculously uneducated post, asking others for a link of Drake calling Eminem the greatest. So here is something you could have easily looked up for yourself, but lazily asked others to do it for you. Hence waiting eight years to find out, YOU WERE SORELY MISTAKEN 😂
Reply 133
Original post by hau28
I stand by my statement that only a white person would consider eminem the greatest rapper of all time, so no worming out. It's not my fault if you try to wrongly misinterpret it to fit your own agenda. You're just butt hurt that others called you out on your pathetic attempts to be controversial on the other thread. I stand by my statement that only a white person would consider eminem to be the greatest rapper of all time and many others on this thread agree with me. You're the only one trying to take pseudo-offence.

please provide links for where any drake has ever referred to eminem as THE GREATEST of all time. You failed to do so when I asked you before.

https://youtu.be/7jGXTNcYE40?si=rDUKqIyVVFgqz4W_

Eight years later, and I just come across your ridiculously uneducated post, asking others for a link of Drake calling Eminem the greatest. So here is something you could have easily looked up for yourself, but lazily asked others to do it for you. Hence waiting eight years to find out, YOU WERE SORELY MISTAKEN 😂
Original post by Drunk Punx
GOAT arguments are so overrated. Eminem has great flow and lyrical ability, as does Big L, Biggie, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Nas, Immortal Technique, Big Pun, etc. All great artists who excel in their field, all have strong songs and not so strong songs, and I wish that people would just shut the **** up and enjoy the music instead of comparing them all the damn time.

OMG bro stfu! EMINEM is like, the best rapper in the entire world and thats why he has so many fans. the greatest thing about this all is that he made it all on his own and never lost any hope; EVER. i said what i said and i stand by it. Period.

Latest