The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

GOAT arguments are so overrated. Eminem has great flow and lyrical ability, as does Big L, Biggie, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Nas, Immortal Technique, Big Pun, etc. All great artists who excel in their field, all have strong songs and not so strong songs, and I wish that people would just shut the **** up and enjoy the music instead of comparing them all the damn time.
Reply 2
An intelligent man has spoken ^^^^^
Reply 3
Original post by Drunk Punx
GOAT arguments are so overrated. Eminem has great flow and lyrical ability, as does Big L, Biggie, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Nas, Immortal Technique, Big Pun, etc. All great artists who excel in their field, all have strong songs and not so strong songs, and I wish that people would just shut the **** up and enjoy the music instead of comparing them all the damn time.
lol did u purposely leave out tupac?

the fact is eminem has been rapping like 15 years more than big L yet big L still takes a dump in his mouth. have u heard his '98 freestyle?

'ask beavis i get nothing butt-head'.

eminem can't drop lines like that rofl. ur not among the GOATs unless ur dead and black, it's the sad truth

edit: srsly if u don't know what i'm talking about

1:40+, eminem needs to get on his lvl
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by scrotRot
lol did u purposely leave out tupac?

the fact is eminem has been rapping like 15 years more than big L yet big L still takes a dump in his mouth. have u heard his '98 freestyle?

'ask beavis i get nothing butt-head'.

eminem can't drop lines like that rofl. ur not among the GOATs unless ur dead and black, it's the sad truth

edit: srsly if u don't know what i'm talking about

1:40+, eminem needs to get on his lvl

I never got on with Tupac. I like a few tracks, but Big Pun et al stand out a lot more for me. Do I think he's overrated? Nah, I just can't see the reason behind the hype. He's good, but there's a lot better out there.

Again, what's the focus on being a GOAT? Lil Dicky probably ain't ever gonna achieve that status but I'll be damned if that white boy can't rap with the best of 'em.
Reply 5
I never got on with Tupac. I like a few tracks, but Big Pun et al stand out a lot more for me. Do I think he's overrated? Nah, I just can't see the reason behind the hype. He's good, but there's a lot better out there.

Again, what's the focus on being a GOAT? Lil Dicky probably ain't ever gonna achieve that status but I'll be damned if that white boy can't rap with the best of 'em.

I saw this guy in some joke video about rapping about his GF's ex or something.

Then I saw this, this guy has serious talent.

People love hating on Eminem, dunno why, he is a truly great rapper, not my favourite personally.

Not many rappers can produce a track like this

Original post by zKlown
I saw this guy in some joke video about rapping about his GF's ex or something.

Then I saw this, this guy has serious talent.

People love hating on Eminem, dunno why, he is a truly great rapper, not my favourite personally.

Not many rappers can produce a track like this

Ex Boyfriend? That's the only time I've ever heard the phrase "hung like Saddam Hussein" when talking about dick. Can't beat a bit of word play.
Unfortunately he's not likely to be taken seriously by many people because his style mostly revolves around comedy, which is a shame because I think that if you've got tight flow, decent lyrical content, and can add an additional factor like comedy into the mix then it should make you stand out, it shows a certain level of creativity that is often overlooked in music.
Sadly Lonely Island were one of the most well-known groups to attempt it, and IMO it was sub-par which is one of the reasons why people would look down on it.

Oh yeah, I was gonna ask yesterday but completely forgot. Who's the dude in your sig on Westwood's show? Anyone who can elicit a reaction similar to what the guy behind him is doing has to be worth checking out :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Ex Boyfriend? That's the only time I've ever heard the phrase "hung like Saddam Hussein" when talking about dick. Can't beat a bit of word play.
Unfortunately he's not likely to be taken seriously by many people because his style mostly revolves around comedy, which is a shame because I think that if you've got tight flow, decent lyrical content, and can add an additional factor like comedy into the mix then it should make you stand out, it shows a certain level of creativity that is often overlooked in music.
Sadly Lonely Island were one of the most well-known groups to attempt it, and IMO it was sub-par which is one of the reasons why people would look down on it.

Oh yeah, I was gonna ask yesterday but completely forgot. Who's the dude in your sig on Westwood's show? Anyone who can elicit a reaction similar to what the guy behind him is doing has to be worth checking out :lol:

Not sure who the rapper on the mic is.

The guy reacting is Dot Rotten.
Reply 8
All about Biggie. Always will be.
Original post by zKlown
Not sure who the rapper on the mic is.

The guy reacting is Dot Rotten.

Dude's called Shimmer, apparently.

General Internet consensus seems to be that he gave up the rap game when he found Allah.
Reply 10
Dude's called Shimmer, apparently.

General Internet consensus seems to be that he gave up the rap game when he found Allah.

I was listening to Shimmer earlier actually, never really heard much from him so never been able to put a name to a face.

Reply 11

look he's good, but saying he's GOAT material? ROFL. maybe he stands out to you because modern rappers are poo but his punchlines and delivery can't be compared to guys like big L / big pun. you'll know what i mean when you listen to this (my fav. big L track):

seriously, is there really any comparison here? you can see the difference in just the first 3 lines he spits, the punch lines are insane

the dead black rapper is clearly on another level to this hippy. literally no contest
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
look he's good, but saying he's GOAT material? ROFL. maybe he stands out to you because modern rappers are poo but his punchlines and delivery can't be compared to guys like big L / big pun. you'll know what i mean when you listen to this (my fav. big L track):

seriously, is there really any comparison here? you can see the difference in just the first 3 lines he spits, the punch lines are insane

the dead black rapper is clearly on another level to this hippy. literally no contest

Don't think he was saying he's a GOAT. Just the fact he's overlooked.

You can't overlook his tight flow and he's not a bad storyteller too.
Reply 13
Only white people consider Eminem to be the greatest rapper ever
Reply 14
Original post by Mackay
All about Biggie. Always will be.

i'm assuming u've heard this absolute classic

3 best rappers in 1 track (this is probably my favourite biggie verse)
Eminem is garbage and what the hell does being black or white have to do with anything?

For the record I'm white and I think Em is ****e.
Gotta agree with you looooool Eminem is nothing but pure bs

I didn't say he was GOAT material, I said he's bloody good at what he does. Is there any comparison? No, so stop ****ing comparing them. Good hip-hop is good hip-hop, end of. I don't care who you think is better than who, if I like it then I'll listen to it and that's all I take into account when listening to music.

i'm not surprised that he's overlooked he sounds like he's on heroin. has potential but his delivery is garbage. seriously, his lyrics are decent but no ****ing way i'd listen to him rap again. he's got no punch to his rhymes

he said that this lil penis guy can match any rapper on the mic lol. pretty sure he rates him over tupac too - the guy knows nothing. tupac and big L are 10x better than penis in every department of rap. bet he thinks lil wayne is a GOAT too rofl. noone knows who lil penis is in 2015 and definitely noone would have known who he was if he was rapping in the 90s (would probably get shot in the mouth for being trash)

I've already told you that I don't get the hype about Tupac, and I don't listen to Lil Wayne. You seem to be basing your judgements of me on your own erroneous assumptions, it's quite amusing actually.

ffs been arguing with a guy who listens to grime, the worst form of rap. i literally cringe man, its so bad and embarrassing. no wonder u think 2pac is bad and lil cock is a GOAT

thank u allah for saving our ears

I don't listen to grime either :lol: If you'd followed the conversation between me and zKlown you'd realise that I posted that video because I was interested in what was going on in his sig. As it is, I listen to barely any UK hip-hop.
Reply 18
grime is sh*t-rap. the only people who listen to it are 15 year olds who are still blazing in the blocks and robbing pizza men

its not smart or interesting in any way. it's the cheapest form of rhyming / poetry - ur literally just making noises and disguising it as words.

americans who know what grime is must think we're a nation of retards rofl

Neither Hip-Hop or Grime has to be rap you know

Hip-Hop

Grime

its not smart or interesting in any way. it's the cheapest form of rhyming / poetry - ur literally just making noises and disguising it as words.

Listen to ODB (who I happen to like) and compare him to what you just said there.

Like I said it's cool you don't like Grime, but it sells out festivals across Europe, so maybe just accept others like it.

Cool
Reply 19
Original post by zKlown
Neither Hip-Hop or Grime has to be rap you know

Hip-Hop

Grime

Listen to ODB (who I happen to like) and compare him to what you just said there.

Like I said it's cool you don't like Grime, but it sells out festivals across Europe, so maybe just accept others like it.

Cool
the semantics of what u wanna call it doesn't make a difference to me (grime, rap, hip hop w/e), we both know what kind of music i'm talking about. a few posts ago u said grime compares to rap the same way drum & bass does lol.

second video isn't grime it's ****ing euro pop
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest