The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

University of Central Lancashire September 2015

Hello! I am starting uclan in September, just making a thread to try and meet anyone else who's thinking of going there! Im studying neuroscience! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zoehughes24
Hello! I am starting uclan in September, just making a thread to try and meet anyone else who's thinking of going there! Im studying neuroscience! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

I'm a first year neuropsychology student so I'm doing some of the modules that you'll be doing next year. Happy to answer any questions :smile:
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
I'm a first year neuropsychology student so I'm doing some of the modules that you'll be doing next year. Happy to answer any questions :smile:

Hello! How is the night life in Lancashire? I love the city itself, hoping the night-life wont let me down! Also, how friendly is the community? And how are halls? You're probably going to regret telling me I can ask you anything now haha :smile:
Hello! How is the night life in Lancashire? I love the city itself, hoping the night-life wont let me down! Also, how friendly is the community? And how are halls? You're probably going to regret telling me I can ask you anything now haha :smile:

I commute so I've never been out in Preston myself but it's supposed to be quite good. There is definitely a community feel, especially for neuro students. I don't live in halls but I have friends in Roeburn and IQ and they all seem pretty happy there. Roeburn is literally less than a minutes walk away from the buildings your lectures will be in.

Haha, don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 4

I'm thinking of starting at UCLan too this year! I'm hoping to study German and Japanese :smile: Are you looking at halls??
Reply 5
Yeah I'm looking at Lawson halls atm because I really want an en suite! Haha, you? 😊
Reply 6
Yeah I'm looking at Lawson halls atm because I really want an en suite! Haha, you? 😊

Lawson Halls looked really good, especially with ensuite! But I'm really lazy and Eden is the closest to my department, plus it's cheap 😜
Hi All! - I'm starting in September studying Religion Culture & Society, no idea what to expect at all!
Reply 8
I've firmed UCLan too and have no idea what to expect either! haha

are you considering your accommodation yet? :smile:

Original post by GhengisKaan
Hi All! - I'm starting in September studying Religion Culture & Society, no idea what to expect at all!
Reply 9
Original post by GhengisKaan

Nice to meet you! 😊

First year here, the night-life is great has pretty much everything you need, evoque is the biggest of the clubs but if your into somewhere smaller and with (imo better music) you cant go wrong with warehouse. The halls are great im currently in IQ but what i would suggest is putting in the effort with your flatmates, all my flat gets along with each other so it makes the experience a little better, i know of people who dont speak to anybody in their flat and they seem generally a little unhappy about living in their flat. The community is pretty good, everyone is friendly, of course you will get some idiots but that goes without saying. I think it will meet your expectations, small friendly city with more than enough things to do. Happy to answer anymore questions anyone may have.
anyone here studying forensic sicence here
Original post by Jonnyhere
First year here, the night-life is great has pretty much everything you need, evoque is the biggest of the clubs but if your into somewhere smaller and with (imo better music) you cant go wrong with warehouse. The halls are great im currently in IQ but what i would suggest is putting in the effort with your flatmates, all my flat gets along with each other so it makes the experience a little better, i know of people who dont speak to anybody in their flat and they seem generally a little unhappy about living in their flat. The community is pretty good, everyone is friendly, of course you will get some idiots but that goes without saying. I think it will meet your expectations, small friendly city with more than enough things to do. Happy to answer anymore questions anyone may have.

Sounds great, exactly what I'm looking for. I'm really nervous that I choose the wrong accommodation and I won't be with anyone who's on my course! Are you in halls with people who are studying completely different subjects to you? And what is the actually city like? Can you go out and have food in cafes and go shopping or would you have to travel to have a day out? Hoping I get put in halls with similar people, really nervous that I'll get put with people who have completely different interests to me!
Sounds great, exactly what I'm looking for. I'm really nervous that I choose the wrong accommodation and I won't be with anyone who's on my course! Are you in halls with people who are studying completely different subjects to you? And what is the actually city like? Can you go out and have food in cafes and go shopping or would you have to travel to have a day out? Hoping I get put in halls with similar people, really nervous that I'll get put with people who have completely different interests to me!

My halls are IQ, there are 6 of us in the flat all first years, they have set the flat out so that we all have somebody else on our course. For example 2 are doing chemistry 2 are doing dance and 2 sociology. The city is quite small but there is everything you need, i dont see why you would need to go further than the city center for a day out and if so blackpool is only a 10 minute train journey. Dont worry to much about your flat though as you are sure to meet people in freshers week that have the same interests are you, plus there are plenty of clubs and society's that you can sign up for!
I applied for Adult Nursing starting September, have had my interview just waiting on any potential offers just wondering whether any students starting Adult Nursing in September have had any replies?
Original post by Jessmariew
I applied for Adult Nursing starting September, have had my interview just waiting on any potential offers just wondering whether any students starting Adult Nursing in September have had any replies?

I am an adult nurse qualified 2 years ago but went to Edge Hill good luck : )
I have an interview for Edge Hill tomorrow - Nervous doesn't come close.
Original post by Daisydogsmum
I have an interview for Edge Hill tomorrow - Nervous doesn't come close.

Its a friendly interview at edge hill i wouldnt stress too much its notvery formal at all : ) just research the course and know why you want to do what you want to do : )
Original post by Jessmariew

Hello. have you had your interview already? Mine is tomorrow and im so nervous :/
Original post by hmorley2
Nice to meet you!

You too! What are you studying, are you a current student?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending