The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lol it'll just be like why pharmacy? why bath? Perhaps what subject are you most enjoying at the moment and why? what you like to do in your spare time? It says relaxed so relax..I dnt think they'll ask you any hard questions and it says no academic questions. Besides isn't the interview only like 5 mins?? looking at the programme, I dnt know what questiosn to ask?? if they wnt us to ask??
Reply 2
wat date issit i'm goin on 1 2 mite c u der:smile:
Reply 3
I think there is another 1 next week, I dno?? R u coming to the 1 tomorrow?
Reply 4
Yeah i was kinda most worried about what we have to ask them because, if we ask them somehting thats written in the prospectus their just going to think that we havent done enough research and maybe not motivated enough. But it does say in the letter we can ask them about their pharmacy course so we obviously shouldnt go off topic and ask wheres the nearest bar or something.
Reply 5
lol no. Just ask about specific parts of the course like how many hours a week do you do practicals?? or sumthing. Is it a group interview because if it is it will just be like a big chat. I hope they ask to name prescribed medication and what they do, but I doubt they will. It'll be just to let them see if you can communicate and they probably will ask why pharmacy.
Reply 6
I dont think its a group interview because the letter said they wanted us to talk to them which could be difficult if evryone else is butting in your conversation and it might be less relaxed with other people there i dont know, guess we'll find out when we get there. good luck btw :smile:
Reply 7
Yeh imagine it as a group!! lol I would hate that. If it relaxed though it makes me feel better. Have u prepared an answer for the why pharmacy n why bath questions?? Good luck 2 :smile:
Reply 8
i dont have a prepared anwer but i have a good idea for why bath. but with why pharmacy its a bit hard cos you dont want to sound too much like a text book or you dont want to sound so clique and say thing like "from a young age ive always ..etc. have you prepared yours yet?
Reply 9
Im going tomorrow too, think they're not gonna ask much academic stuff, just a bit about you, why pharmacy & bath. At least thats what I hope!
Reply 10
lol ' From an early age I knew I wanted to study Pharmacy' haha imagine if you said that. Erm yeh I have prepared it but it isn't like a personal statement just explains why pharmacy appeals to me etc...yeh why bath is likely to be asked so...I think when they say half the interview is taken up by you asking them questions, it means only briefly since the interview is only short??
Reply 11
Yeah the whole interview is going to be so short if theres lots of people going to interview so their not going to really be able to see if you would be a good pharmacy student.
Met 2 girls at Manchester uni today and they said the Bath interview was incredibly relaxed and they are really friendly. Also, apparently if you are invited there you are already pretty much IN and they just asked why pharmacy, why bath, and general questions about you and your interests. :biggrin:
Reply 13
Beeskness you have just made me smile. thanks. I dno if that is true but i would sure hope so..Btw Chandni S they could tell from your grades and personal statement/reference if you will be a good pharmacy student :smile:
:smile: I'm sure it'll be ok. Even Manchester isn't as bad as every1 makes out to be honest (although my experience was a little more complicated). Good luck guys!
Reply 15
Thanks BeesKnees, feel a lot more relaxed now, if its relaxed and informal I dont have to wear a suit (I hope) haven't got it for my others yet :frown:
Hi :smile: just got back from an informal interview for Bath for Maths today. It was really relaxed and they don't ask anything too challenging. The guy mainly asked about extracurricular things I had put in my Personal Statement but the questions they ask differ with different admissions tutors. In general I would say don't be stressed since you don't really need to know anything. Just don't be shy and it will be fine. Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 17
Erm well i'm going to wear smart casual wear. I'll be wearing black, have black hair too so you may or may not recognise me. O really Beesknees you went to Manchester, what did they ask you? How was it for you? How come the girls at Manchester already had a Bath interview? lol
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=309694&page=4

An account of what went down in Manc. I really did like Manchester though so i'll be gutted if I don't get an offer... also really like the Coup 3 building (it really looks like a fairytale castle lol) but the professor who interviewed me said they are definitely moving next week. I know people on here have said that they've been saying that for years but I heard him telling the girl who took me to my interview- whether it'll happen or not remains to be seen.

sean123
[Thanks BeesKnees, feel a lot more relaxed now, if its relaxed and informal I dont have to wear a suit (I hope) haven't got it for my others yet

A guy I met today said he wore a suit to the bath interview and when he went, everyone was dressed casually so he felt awkward lol. Today at Manchester he dressed casually and everyone was really formal! I think you just need to find the right balance of the two- as in just wear some smart clothes but you don't have to wear a suit. What Ryan said- smart casual wear.
Reply 19
Im so glad its relaxed! thanks for telling us BeesKnees, I think i'll be able to sleep tonight now. do you know how long the interview lasted?

Latest

Trending

Trending