The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Budget for Belfast

Hey guys,

I am a foreign EU student who is preparing to study at Queens starting Fall 2015. I have secured funding equivalent to 400 pounds a month. How much more would I need to not just survive but also live a bit in Belfast? I plan to live in shared accommodation with rent around 250+- a month.
Additionally, if I worked 20 hours a week would it be possible to make around 75-100 pounds a week?

Thx
400 isn't a lot but it depends on your lifestyle if your a heavy drinker or smoker that could run you down pretty fast, so could travel if you have to go out on placement. £250 plus bills will probably come to around £300 maybe so that's a £100 to spend in a whole month, not a lot, jobs can be quite hard to come by since their are alot of students in belfast who need jobs and a lot have already got some so you might want to bring that up to £500-£600 a month.
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Hey, I'm in the same situation. I'm from EU and I plan to come to Belfast in May/June. Will it be easier to find job in summer and perhaps save up a little? Or continue the same job on the part-time basis during the school year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending