The Student Room Group

18 yr old photocards

Rightio I was 18 at the beginning of the school year, and was told by my school that I couldn't get a 16/17 Oyster card for free travel on buses as I was already 18. I've since learnt that this is not true - I can still get one, and just use it for free transport on buses. But as I get the train to school, I still need a travelcard - so I then got an 18+ student oyster application form....only to then be told by the ticket girl at my station that I can't get any kind of discount on travelcards between two London zones. So now I'm thoroughly confused. All I need is a travelcard, preferrably monthly to get to and from school! Can I get any kind of a discount with anything? Thankies :smile:
Reply 1
if you get a student oyster card you get 30 percent off season tickets and thats it, so it means you can get 30 percent off 7 day bus passes, 7 day travelcards, monthly bus passes, monthly travelcards etc.
i have a monthly travelcard which is zone 5 and 6 to epsom, so you can get travelcards and stuff just for 2 zones

Latest

Trending

Trending