The Student Room Group

Do you think this girl is Overweight?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marco14196
She is definitely not plus size, she's gorgeous. There are limits to weight whereby you reach a point where it becomes detrimental to health and when you reach that point, you are most certainly overweight but this woman is not overweight. Honey Boo Boo's mother is overweight as are her kids because they eat poorly and barely exercise, which will cause severe health problems I have no doubt. This woman falls into the healthy range of sizes, its just that society and the media over the last 20 years has become deranged to think that extreme thinness is a healthy trait which is not. There is a safe healthy range at which people can operate in. Go below it and you suffer weight related diseases. Go above it and the same applies. Good on her for getting into that magazine, it's about breaking the misconceptions about weight whilst not promoting people to become what some would call a "lard barge" which go over the average and go into an unsafe range of weights

No mate, that definitely is not healthy, that is overweight from a medical perspective.

From a social one, would I call her fat. Well, probably tbh. She's still attractive though.
I don't know about her weight, but I have found her twin.

Yes, she probably is overweight. However, she doesn't look unattractive (I would say I probably look around the same weight as her and if I looked that good in a bikini I would be more inclined to wear one!)
i would bang but that doesnt mean it's okay for everyone else to be fat

if you cant stay away from the profiteroles then it says a lot about you. 'fat shaming' is a good thing, 'not-skinny' shaming is a bad thing.
Any amount of fat is really unhealthy to be carrying but its hard to say with this one. There's more than average but its not a tremendous amount. There are some out there who are trying to promote people at much greater weights which I think is absolutely insane. This woman is a bit overweight, I'll say that. Not significantly but a bit. It's hard to draw a line really without significantly aggravating particular demographics of people. If she stays at that weight and goes a little lower, then I say its fine. But if we start to see some kind of breakthrough of morbidly obese people trying to achieve the same thing, it starts to set a bad and really unhealthy precedent

NO IT IS NOT. Being underweight is worse for your health than overweight. Of course this is often to do with the fact that underweight people severely lack muscle and muscle is good for one's health. However a certain amount of fat is very necessary for good health. Can't be bothered getting deep into this but just look at the basic epidemiological studies + have you ever seen a female bodybuilder with 4% body fat? No, they would die. Male ones can't get down to 1/2% realistically either without drugs and seriously busting up their health.
(edited 9 years ago)
I am pretty sure by looking at her that she would be classified as overweight by her BMI. However, it is a breath of fresh air to see a model who doesn't have a perfectly flat stomach and basically have a "flawless" body. I just wish we could see some normal models, size 10-12 who are healthy weights but also have a bit of a stomach, cellulite on thighs etc.
Original post by TorpidPhil
No mate, that definitely is not healthy, that is overweight from a medical perspective.

From a social one, would I call her fat. Well, probably tbh. She's still attractive though.

Of course medically its not healthy at all, the body fat ratio could be lower and in a safer area because its a threat to health sure. I can't tell to much looking from a photo because it looks a bit better distributed which i suppose is more of an illusion if anything disguising the true weight. And we don't know the exact percentage of body fat, somewhere in the 15-20% range is ok but if its actually higher than that then it becomes a problem
I also think that if she's an American size 16, that is a Uk size 14, and she's probably over 5' 8, not as big as she sounds
NO IT IS NOT. Being underweight is worse for your health than overweight. Of course this is often to do with the fact that underweight people severely lack muscle and muscle is good for one's health. However a certain amount of fat is very necessary for good health. Can't be bothered getting deep into this but just look at the basic epidemiological studies.

If you read my other post you would see that I did state that being thin is not brilliant either. Both can be equally dangerous as you go closer and closer towards the extremes, its a simple fact. The key in the end is to exercise a fair amount and manage your diet properly. That's where I will leave it at
Reply 29

Yeah she is attractive but all that shows is that a (fairly) young woman who is naturally facially attractive with big boobs can still look hot even if she is overweight (similar to how Miley Cyrus can still look hot despite having a haircut that would make 99% of girls look ugly - if you are naturally very attractive, then you can get away with a lot)

If you put a photo of that woman next to the same person 20 lbs lighter then the vast maority of guys would say she looks better thinner.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by poohat
Yeah she is attractive but all that shows is that a (fairly) young woman who is naturally facial attractive with big boobs can still look hot even if she is overweight (similar to how Miley Cyrus can still look hot despite having a haircut that would make 99% of girls look ugly - if you are naturally very attractive, then you can get away with a lot)

If you put a photo of that woman next to the same person 20 lbs lighter then the vast maority of guys would say she looks better thinner.

That is true.
That is true.

Agreed.
I honestly think her bone structure helps her. The weight looks proportionally correct and i do find her attractive
If you read my other post you would see that I did state that being thin is not brilliant either. Both can be equally dangerous as you go closer and closer towards the extremes, its a simple fact. The key in the end is to exercise a fair amount and manage your diet properly. That's where I will leave it at

Yeah but you can't be saying "any amount of fat is unhealthy" though that's terrible advice you'll cause all those crazy women to go around trying to anorexic and killing themselves.

Also, exercising a fair amount is a bit redundant. Too many women do cardio ceaselessly, rot away all their muscle and fat and are happy being horrendously unhealthy and killing themselves while also not looking particularly good.
Original post by mackemforever
I don't know about her weight, but I have found her twin.

Ouch, tad brutal don't you think.
Reply 35
Original post by louisewestlake
I also think that if she's an American size 16, that is a Uk size 14, and she's probably over 5' 8, not as big as she sounds

US 16 would be a UK 12, and there's no way she's a size 12, so I reckon she's a UK 16, and a US 20.
Nah she isn't fat. She's a fair size though.
Yeah but you can't be saying "any amount of fat is unhealthy" though that's terrible advice you'll cause all those crazy women to go around trying to anorexic and killing themselves.

Also, exercising a fair amount is a bit redundant. Too many women do cardio ceaselessly, rot away all their muscle and fat and are happy being horrendously unhealthy and killing themselves while also not looking particularly good.

I'm fudging up my wording all over the place aren't I. You know what I mean, I'm just butchering what I want to say with poor wording.
Reply 38
Original post by Ronove
What the ****. She is very much overweight. By a rather long way. I couldn't say whether she's in the obese category or not yet, I haven't seen that many people who aren't morbidly obese but just plain 'obese'.

Anyone saying she's not overweight or not even 'plus size' just because they find her attractive (or alternatively are insecure about their own weight) is a moron. Simple as that.

Wouldn't have been quite so harsh, but this.

Original post by iAmanze
That is not sexy for me. That is the boarder line where if you are over that, wearing bikini's is just wrong.
Opinionated real talk.

Because women wear bikinis for your edification.

Boarder line sexist there.
She's definitely not overweight, I doubt her BMI is over 30, I'd say she is pretty chubby but not overweight by far.

She is fit as **** though

Quick Reply

Latest