The Student Room Group

Test in a few weeks

Okay, so my test is in a few weeks. I want to get as much practise as I can and want to use my dads car for a few hours a day. His car is a diesel and much longer than my instructors car which is a petrol. Is there much difference between the two? Can I still apply gas then bite on a diesel? Would learning in two cars be counter-productive?
Reply 1
Hopefully this will help answer your questions...

"Can I still apply gas then bite on a diesel"
Yes you can, you don't really need to because a Diesel car has more "pull" but it won't cause any harm.

As for the car being longer I don't really see that being a problem, if anything wouldn't doing some practice in a bigger car improve your spacial awareness when driving which will make it easier when you get back in to your instructors car?

I think that learning to drive in two cars is not counter productive so long as you have your final lesson in the instructors car so that you can get used to it again, learning to drive in your dads car will give you more experience on the road which can only be a good thing. Remember that learning to drive is not just about passing your test, during your lifetime you're going to be driving all sorts of cars of different shapes and sizes, as well as petrol and diesel- so in the long term as well as the short term it can only be beneficial.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending