The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
Mo money mo money $$$$
We can easily offer £150k a week if we want to whereas other clubs may not be willing to go so high. Heck if we're offering £30mil to Lyon to sell, other clubs may not even get Lyon's permission to talk to the player.

Spurs' bid will be coming in within the next couple of days.

I think Lacazette is more of a replacement for Sturridge tbh (more similar in style). Sanchez, Tevez, Costa are more the like-for-like replacement of Suarez.

Sturridge
Coutinho Lacazette Sterling
Lucas Henderson

I think that side would do pretty impressive :biggrin:

Can Henderson
Sturridge Coutinho Sterling
Lacazette

Sturridge could play as an inside forward, making runs from the channels into the box. That'll be a solid attacking unit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lacazette could have just had his one purple patch season? Imo I don't think that's the case but who knows what the transfer committee consider.

Tbf he scored a respectable 15 league goals the season before so it doesn't seem that way
Reply 5822
LOOOOOL RODGERS IS A MONG, INGS IS ONE OF UR TRANSFER TARGETS HAHAHAAHAHDBFBNFODMF

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5823
Original post by H_MO
LOOOOOL RODGERS IS A MONG, INGS IS ONE OF UR TRANSFER TARGETS HAHAHAAHAHDBFBNFODMF

Posted from TSR Mobile

Classy...
Original post by H_MO

Posted from TSR Mobile

11 goals for the team with the worst attack in the league...
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Can Henderson
Sturridge Coutinho Sterling
Lacazette

Sturridge could play as an inside forward, making runs from the channels into the box. That'll be a solid attacking unit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the front 4 would be interchangeable. I think Lucas may be better to provide more protection for the back since the front 4 won't be defending as much. Would then drop one of the front 4 and bring Can in along side Lucas and Henderson for the big games.

In any event.. lets sign a striker first :colondollar:
Reply 5826
Original post by difeo
11 goals for the team with the worst attack in the league...

Uh, just don't.

Lambert, Carroll et al had impeccable stats before they made their way to Liverpool too.
^ Balotelli in prem + serie a too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5828
Original post by oli19919
^ Balotelli in prem + serie a too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I reckon that fits in the other category of Liverpool signings. Aspas, Balotelli etc
Reply 5829
In all honesty though, Liverpool should be well placed to seriously challenge for the FA cup next season. It'll be a start and it'll take some pressure off Rodgers.
Original post by SA-1
In all honesty though, Liverpool should be well placed to seriously challenge for the FA cup next season. It'll be a start and it'll take some pressure off Rodgers.

All you need is some luck and either domestic cup can be piss easy.

In the last 25 years, there's only been one occasion where the final hasn't had one of the top sides (Man Utd/Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea and Man City recently).
Reply 5831
All you need is some luck and either domestic cup can be piss easy.

In the last 25 years, there's only been one occasion where the final hasn't had one of the top sides (Man Utd/Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea and Man City recently).

Exactly - a cup run wouldn't mean much in terms of league success simply because we've seen how teams from all areas of the PL table can make it very far.

It would obviously be nice to win a trophy but I'm more concerned with having a solid window and putting pressure on the top 4 places next season.

There's always hope but unless we kill it in this window, it looks more likely that the current top 4 will solidify and pull away; we messed it up and have nobody to blame but ourselves.
Original post by Lúcio
Exactly - a cup run wouldn't mean much in terms of league success simply because we've seen how teams from all areas of the PL table can make it very far.

It would obviously be nice to win a trophy but I'm more concerned with having a solid window and putting pressure on the top 4 places next season.

There's always hope but unless we kill it in this window, it looks more likely that the current top 4 will solidify and pull away; we messed it up and have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Just odd that the FA Cup/League Cup is seen as success. I'd love to win another domestic cup but frankly winning the league or a European trophy is much more of a success.

I'm still torn about whether we give Rodgers another season or if we should be desperately trying to sign up Klopp.. latest nonsense paper talk is that Klopp won't join if the transfer committee is in place.
Just get Klopp and give him full control of transfers. Not worth keeping Rodgers if somebody better is available.
Reply 5834
Just odd that the FA Cup/League Cup is seen as success. I'd love to win another domestic cup but frankly winning the league or a European trophy is much more of a success.

I'm still torn about whether we give Rodgers another season or if we should be desperately trying to sign up Klopp.. latest nonsense paper talk is that Klopp won't join if the transfer committee is in place.

look at it like this
a manager's season is unlikely to be saved because of a domestic cup run if he does poorly elsewhere.
however if he gets far in the CL or challenges in the league, he's unlikely to be sacked because he went out of the FA cup in the early stages.

paper talk is gonna be crazy tbh - i wouldn't listen to anything until after the German cup final.
the man won't be making any decisions until at least that day anyway.
the logical thing to do is to try to negotiate a deal with Klopp regardless - if it works boot rodgers, if it doesn't, keep him for another year.

BR can't complain about being second best like that - he didn't do his job this season and we're the best club he'd be able to get a job at anyway.

Original post by jam277
Just get Klopp and give him full control of transfers. Not worth keeping Rodgers if somebody better is available.

the fact that we seem to be making progress in terms of transfer targets has me worried.

either the transfer committee are making decisions because they're staying, or rodgers is making them because he's staying.

the targets are very good ones to be fair, however you would imagine that if Klopp were be to brought in, he'd want to have a say on the matter of us spending up to 15m on Clyne and potentially more on Kocacic.
Original post by Lúcio
look at it like this
a manager's season is unlikely to be saved because of a domestic cup run if he does poorly elsewhere.
however if he gets far in the CL or challenges in the league, he's unlikely to be sacked because he went out of the FA cup in the early stages.

paper talk is gonna be crazy tbh - i wouldn't listen to anything until after the German cup final.
the man won't be making any decisions until at least that day anyway.
the logical thing to do is to try to negotiate a deal with Klopp regardless - if it works boot rodgers, if it doesn't, keep him for another year.

BR can't complain about being second best like that - he didn't do his job this season and we're the best club he'd be able to get a job at anyway.

the fact that we seem to be making progress in terms of transfer targets has me worried.

either the transfer committee are making decisions because they're staying, or rodgers is making them because he's staying.

the targets are very good ones to be fair, however you would imagine that if Klopp were be to brought in, he'd want to have a say on the matter of us spending up to 15m on Clyne and potentially more on Kocacic.

Match is tonight isn't it?

I think it's becoming normal to look at transfer targets and negotiate while waiting on a new manager. We saw Man Utd do it last season and Chelsea in the past.

If you can't trust your scouting system then what's the point of it?
Ings honestly wouldn't be a bad fourth choice. His signing wouldn't be like Lambert's, given the fact that he's all the more used to running the channels and playing deep. His acquisition would be more akin to Bellamy's in 06-07, really. I kind of wish we didn't have Origi on our books, in all honesty. I'll give him a chance, though.
Original post by SA-1
Uh, just don't.

Lambert, Carroll et al had impeccable stats before they made their way to Liverpool too.

Balotelli got 1 goal in his previous PL season and Lambert got the same number of non-penalty goals as Ings but in a far better team (Southampton scored 54, Burnley scored 28). He's also younger and most importantly, isn't completely the wrong type of player like the other two.

As a 3rd/4th choice, for whatever small fee they'd have to pay as compensation and low wages, he'd be a great signing.
Happy Birthday to Steven Gerrard who turns 35 today!

IMG_20150530_124953.jpg
"Just get Klopp and you're sorted" is a lol and a half.

Balotelli would walk out of training after 20 minutes with him.

Latest