The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i would just like to say that a couple of years ago i started crash dieting and would lose half a stone or so and then would start eating again and it would go back on. i have screwed my metabolism up so much that i literally have to keep my calorie intake to an absolute minimum to keep the weight from going on. i have an incredibly slow metabolism and i am sure it is because i went through a starving myself phase, my body adjusted.
You can lose a stone in ten days, it is possible.

However, after those ten days, you'll go one of two ways:
* Be unhappy with the weight loss, aim to lose more, and end up with some sort of eating disorder
* Start eating again, and put all the weight you just lost back on.

Generally, not a good idea.
Reply 22
when my friend had pneumonia, she lost 1st in about 2weeks, i guess if you're really desperate, go and freeze yourself and get pneumonia
The cabbage soup diet is a starvation diet, even though you ae eating, you aren't eating enough calories or enough of the nutrients you need. A healthy balanced diet is far better, you will see better results, you will feel better and its just generally not a good idea to follow diets like that or the grapefruit diet.
A less unhealthy way to do it would be to go ketogenic for 2 weeks. Cut out all carbohydrates and try and keep your calorie intake to about 1400/1500.

It's not healthy or a good long term option, but it's better than starving yourself and it will shred you up like you wouldn't believe.
Crash diets are bad. I've done my fair share of them and they're silly.
I don't believe in any of these modern diets either, because you're still starving yourself of something.
If you need to lose weight, do it sensibly.
Reply 26
Do the velocity diet if you can stomach it :rofl:

But really, don't skip meals. You'll end up eating twice as much for your next meal, and you'll slow down your metabolism.
Speleo
Do the velocity diet if you can stomach it :rofl:

Isn't the velocity diet just protein shakes?
Reply 28
Isn't the velocity diet just protein shakes?

That, fiber pills and flax seeds (which taste like crap apparently).
It's crazy though, people have lost ridiculous amounts of fat in two-four weeks while retaining muscle mass.

EDIT:
some guy
I have followed the Velocity Diet for over 6 weeks. I started at 211 pounds at 19.6% BF. I am now at 13.5% BF at 196 pounds.
Speleo
That, fiber pills and flax seeds (which taste like crap apparently).
It's crazy though, people have lost ridiculous amounts of fat in two-four weeks while retaining muscle mass.

It could be the most sensationally good diet in the world and I wouldn't be able to follow it. I would go out of my mind with hunger and I wouldn't have any energy without carbs.
Reply 30
It could be the most sensationally good diet in the world and I wouldn't be able to follow it. I would go out of my mind with hunger and I wouldn't have any energy without carbs.

I know, me either. People usually quit after a couple weeks for that very reason.
If they've made it to a couple of weeks then they have more will power than I do.

I'd go mad and binge on food after a couple of days. My stomach would be eating itself.

Latest

Trending

Trending