The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Has anyone received an offer form St Andrews Uni?

I am an St Andrews applicant and I want to know if anyone who applied for the same uni has received an offer so far.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Same even ive applied for Bsc psychology but still haven't got a reply.
Guys do you know if St andrews looks at extra curricular activities aswell. I'm worried that I got a B grade in GCSE maths (I studied in india so have different exams but equivent to our a-levels). I recently got a reply from royal holloway saying they rejected me in quite worried if St andrews does. Do you think they might not.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by ekatennka
I am an St Andrews applicant and I want to know if anyone who applied for the same uni has received an offer so far.

No even ive applied for Bsc psychology but still haven't got a reply guess we'll have to be more patient.
I've also applied to BSc Psychology with 38 points in IB in early december, I haven't heard back yet either.. :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by tsandhu2
Same even ive applied for Bsc psychology but still haven't got a reply.
Guys do you know if St andrews looks at extra curricular activities aswell. I'm worried that I got a B grade in GCSE maths (I studied in india so have different exams but equivent to our a-levels). I recently got a reply from royal holloway saying they rejected me in quite worried if St andrews does. Do you think they might not.

I guess they do. I know that Scottish universities usually respect the 15th of January and don t open the applications before that date. Still, I am worried about their answer. Have you applied to more unis?
Reply 5
St Andrews are slow. Don't stress out
Reply 6
University applied to durham, bath mortal holloway and UCL.just dying for St. Andrews and durham to reply. Hood they reply fast. Best if luck eveyone.
Reply 7
Original post by ekatennka
I guess they do. I know that Scottish universities usually respect the 15th of January and don t open the applications before that date. Still, I am worried about their answer. Have you applied to more unis?

I've applied to UCL, Duram, Bath, Royal Holloway and St Andrews.
As I've posted before in a few threads:

You probably won't hear back from St Andrews until quite late, because someone actually sits down and reads all the personal statements and that takes time! Quite a lot of other unis just have an automatic offer criteria based on grades so you hear back from those sooner.
Reply 9
StA try to get back to everyone by the end of March.

This week the StA applicant thread has seen a surge of people getting offers. They are handing out offers, they're just not as fast as other universities.

EDIT: Current StA applicants thread can be found here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2804249&page=54&p=53439097#post53439097
You can see here who has offers and who is waiting (like me!)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
My daughter has applied for Biology and St Andrews is the last uni to reply . She has offers already from Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow and Newcastle. Have any Biology offers gone out does anyone know? Should explain she is volunteering in Nepal, so I'm the one getting OCD over checking her email while she can't. Only get to speak once a week and I keep hoping for good news to give her.
Good luck everyone, the waiting is nail biting!!
Original post by PamJ
My daughter has applied for Biology and St Andrews is the last uni to reply . She has offers already from Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow and Newcastle. Have any Biology offers gone out does anyone know? Should explain she is volunteering in Nepal, so I'm the one getting OCD over checking her email while she can't. Only get to speak once a week and I keep hoping for good news to give her.

Oh wow volunteering in Nepal that's amazing. I hope she gets an offer from St. Andrews. My best wishes are with her.
Wouldn't worry about it, they're known for getting back to you late. I ended up getting my offer in April when I applied.
Saw your post in the other thread. I am in the same boat as you, with a daughter volunteering in Nepal too, and me checking her emails and UCAS track.

She has already got all her other offers, UCL, KCL, Edinburgh and Nottingham, but St Andrews are taking their time! Driving me nuts although she seems quite philosophical about it... Could be the zen attitude over there :smile:

Whereabouts is your daughter and what is she volunteering in?
Original post by PamJ

Sorry, my post above was related to this one :biggrin:
Original post by cora06140
Saw your post in the other thread. I am in the same boat as you, with a daughter volunteering in Nepal too, and me checking her emails and UCAS track.

She has already got all her other offers, UCL, KCL, Edinburgh and Nottingham, but St Andrews are taking their time! Driving me nuts although she seems quite philosophical about it... Could be the zen attitude over there :smile:

Whereabouts is your daughter and what is she volunteering in?

Hi ma'am you're daughter has already recieved an offer from UCL then why bother. I'm sure UCL is her 1st choice. In so happy for congratulations to her. Wish my situation was like hers anyway. Hope you too hear soon from St.A 😃😃😚
Hi ma'am you're daughter has already recieved an offer from UCL then why bother. I'm sure UCL is her 1st choice. In so happy for congratulations to her. Wish my situation was like hers anyway. Hope you too hear soon from St.A

Actually Scottish unis have no fee for EU student, so this would make a big difference for us (French national) and she wasn't that impressed with UCL (the feel of the place) or the idea of living in London generally (very expensive for a start). The course itself was also too biology focused with little to no psychology, which she was keen on as she might end up going towards neuropsychiatry.

So all in all, St Andrews might be a better fit for her. We'll see if/when she gets an offer!
Original post by cora06140
Actually Scottish unis have no fee for EU student, so this would make a big difference for us (French national) and she wasn't that impressed with UCL (the feel of the place) or the idea of living in London generally (very expensive for a start). The course itself was also too biology focused with little to no psychology, which she was keen on as she might end up going towards neuropsychiatry.

So all in all, St Andrews might be a better fit for her. We'll see if/when she gets an offer!

Oh I see well then I really do hope she gets into St andrews. Thay are taking quite some time replying. That's worrying me too. But I'm sure you're daughter will get in. Best of luck and my prayers are with her. 😊
Reply 18
Oh I see well then I really do hope she gets into St andrews. Thay are taking quite some time replying. That's worrying me too. But I'm sure you're daughter will get in. Best of luck and my prayers are with her. ������

If you have a look at some other threads St Andrews can take up til mid March to send out offers!!Having said that Physics and Astrophysics offers have started coming out so hopefully you'll hear something soon!!!
Original post by fmb1
If you have a look at some other threads St Andrews can take up til mid March to send out offers!!Having said that Physics and Astrophysics offers have started coming out so hopefully you'll hear something soon!!!

I really do hope. They give me an offer and that too soon. I'm going crazy checking my Ucas track. Quite scared now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending