The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anonymous
he said he had 3 pints. and with each one, he went to the toliet within that time.

Hmmm, gotta say, it sounds like he needs that talk that most people get when they're about 12 to not leave their drink around unattended. To do it three times is just asking for trouble...
Reply 21
Hahaha! What a waste of bandwidth this thread has turned out to be! I've had pints of stella laced with vodka by my mates (cheers guys :evil: ) and I was completely spanked, not such a good thing as we weren't supposed to be where we were and could have got jailed for it.

He should be thanking his mates, and you should stop whinging.
Reply 22
Just be there for him and comfort him as much as you can! It's the best you can do!! :wink:
Reply 23
-TMG-
I can have 8 pints fine...I'm only 10 and a half stone too.

I'm just under 12 stone and 6'4, and after 4-5 pints i would be well on my way. Alcohol just affects different people in different ways, but its still no excuse for not tasting the vodka/seeing the difference in liquid level/not finishing your pint before you go to the toilet/taking it with you.
Reply 24
this is so funny, you need to stop worrying, i will repeat my original post and extend it, in light of further evidence (that his mates on a fun night out put a bit of vodka in his drinks and it was either too low an amount to taste or that he has completely redundant taste buds), his life could be MUCH MUCH MUCH worse.
So his problems are...a few months ago he got beaten up and the other night he got really drunk and passed out. Doesn't really sound like the end of the world. Is he completely devoid of tastebuds? I can easily tell if anyone has put vodka into my drink.
Reply 26
number one... why do idiots use threads like this to big themselves up? ...

when you all grow up you'll realise being able to drink a lot just means an empty wallet

anyway OP... comfort him then tell him not to be so stupid as to leave his drink in the open and not be able to taste vodka in a pint.

also .. snowdon ahhhhh home
Reply 27
Does your boyfriend not have any testicles? Someone slipped vodka in his drink for a laugh and hes equating it to getting beaten up? They sound quite friendly, most people i know wouldn't waste good booze on someone they didn't know. :smile:

Forcing someone to unknowling drink alcohol when they dont want to is friendly?
Reply 28
my boyfriend doesnt usually drink alot, and he RARELY gets drunk. Yes he has testicles, and is male - thanks.

Just because he doesnt want to kill his liver by the time hes 25 like you lot doesnt mean hes any less of a man. He isnt shook up by this, he just wants to kick some heads in over it (which i told him not to) its ME thats worried about it. His state of manhood is not what is in debate here. Why cant people come up with honest advice without trying to offend me? I just wanna help him :frown:
Reply 29
my advice was honest .. i wasnt trying to offend.. if i did im sorry...
there is not much you can say really... just tell him not to bother kicking off about it like you already are doing, unfortunatly it happens all the time...

just call it a bad run of luck and move on to better things, and feel fortunate nothing worse happened
Reply 30
Does someone giving you free alcohol really count as 'spiking' a drink :p: I though putting some kind of date rape drug in there was proper spiking.

How can ya not taste the vodka anyway, smells and tastes horrible! Mind you, i still drink it!

Also, just to clarify, i don't think anyone here has the intention of 'wrecking their liver before they are 25' :rolleyes:
Lofty
Also, just to clarify, i don't think anyone here has the intention of 'wrecking their liver before they are 25' :rolleyes:
Reply 32
^^ hehe
nicki04
Generally blokes get drugged so that they can then be mugged easily and have all their stuff stolen. I know of two blokes who have had their drinks spiked...one woke up in the blokes toilets having had his wallet, phone etc stolen and one was followed home and had his car keys stolen and was kicked around a bit. So yes...boys you need to be careful with your drinks too!

In my opinion, they're just making excuses for being drunkards and losing their things.
Reply 34
welshandy
my advice was honest .. i wasnt trying to offend.. if i did im sorry...
there is not much you can say really... just tell him not to bother kicking off about it like you already are doing, unfortunatly it happens all the time...

just call it a bad run of luck and move on to better things, and feel fortunate nothing worse happened

i didnt mean you! lol your advice was good :smile: i gave u rep
Reply 35
A summary warning - give Stella a very wide berth.

It's not known colloquially as 'wife beater' for nothing.

You can recognise it's imbibers by the staring eyes and the tendency to become paranoid and verbally or physically aggressive.

It should be withdrawn from the market, imo. :frown:
Reply 36
Lofty
Does someone giving you free alcohol really count as 'spiking' a drink :p: I though putting some kind of date rape drug in there was proper spiking.

How can ya not taste the vodka anyway, smells and tastes horrible! Mind you, i still drink it!

Yes, it does count - apparently it's the most common form of spiking there is. It might not be as scary as GHB or something but it's still not nice - if you think you're drinking malibu and coke, and someone's stuck several shots of vodka in it, you're going to get fairly incapacitated rather quickly.
Reply 37
Anonymous
my boyfriend doesnt usually drink alot, and he RARELY gets drunk. Yes he has testicles, and is male - thanks.

Just because he doesnt want to kill his liver by the time hes 25 like you lot doesnt mean hes any less of a man. He isnt shook up by this, he just wants to kick some heads in over it (which i told him not to) its ME thats worried about it. His state of manhood is not what is in debate here. Why cant people come up with honest advice without trying to offend me? I just wanna help him :frown:

He sounds like the kind of guy who could kick heads in too. :rolleyes:

He sounds like a woman trapped in a girly boy's body.
Reply 38
Whoa guys why is everyone being so harsh? She just wanted some advice on what she should do for her boyfriend, she didn't ask for a bunch of abuse about how much of a lightweight he is! (and anyway lightweight is good! GOOD! for the wallet if nothing else.)

My advice is just to be there for him...and maybe hold him back so he doesn't get done for GBH.
Reply 39
Its just when people like her bf say 'I wanna kick some heads in'...when obviously he couldn't kick a football :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending