The Student Room Group

BBC Question Time Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lady Comstock
Did someone drop out? Why are there two novelty guests on the panel (there is usually just one, thankfully) - Sarpong and Paphitis.

They do it sometimes, Sarpong made herself look a right idiot at the start

Posted from TSR Mobile
What a crap panel this week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
What a crap panel this week

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was okay, I thought Julian Fellowes didn't contribute much though. If he was replaced with someone more interesting it would have been better.
It was a bad panel all around this week I thought too
Original post by LordMallard
It was okay, I thought Julian Fellowes didn't contribute much though. If he was replaced with someone more interesting it would have been better.

Seriously who likes Diane abbott?

Then you have the journalist Julia who's on it often alright....

The conservative alright....

A bloody priest

And Julian I seem to have lost my marbles fellows

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Seriously who likes Diane abbott?

Then you have the journalist Julia who's on it often alright....

The conservative alright....

A bloody priest

And Julian I seem to have lost my marbles fellows

Posted from TSR Mobile

Diane Abbott is comedy factor.

Julia was quite good

The conservative politician was okay as they are never usually that interesting. She did okay trying to defend the indefensible.

Giles Fraser was quite interesting.

Julian Fellowes should have been replaced by someone else.
Julia is dreadful, she always seems to be on it too
Original post by LordMallard
Diane Abbott is comedy factor.

Julia was quite good

The conservative politician was okay as they are never usually that interesting. She did okay trying to defend the indefensible.

Giles Fraser was quite interesting.

Julian Fellowes should have been replaced by someone else.

Another anonymous Tory. Might be good to invite Jeremy Hunt back on to at last face some accountability.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A balanced panel for once

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3

“The kaffar, the disbelievers, the atheists who remain deaf and stubborn to the teachings of Islam, the rational message of the Quran; they are described in the Quran as, quote, “a people of no intelligence”, Allah describes them as; not of no morality, not as people of no belief people of “no intelligence” because they’re incapable of the intellectual effort it requires to shake off those blind prejudices, to shake off those easy assumptions about this world, about the existence of God. In this respect, the Quran describes the atheists as “cattle”, as cattle of those who grow the crops and do not stop and wonder about this world. | Source (18m:24s)

And, since the Koran says that, all Moslems must believe it or be bad Moslems.

Given that atheists are clearly not people of no intelligence (unless someone want to to pop in and show we are), this is a demonstration that the word of the Islamic deity is not to be trusted.
@Foo.mp3

Agreed on Mehdi, absolute cretin.

The problem's inherent within the EU is that it is necessarily a compromise between sovereign states and the larger EU framework. In its current format, its position is untenable, but that is what the EU is a continuously evolving body and that moves are being made to strengthen integration within the states that wish it. I fail to see how states would have coped better outside the EU. A fully federal EU with an EU Border agency would, i believe be more effective in terms of outcome and cost in policing one stretch of land rather than individual states borders

What has been orchestrated, covered up and enacted by arts of the muslim community is sickening. But then, so is the web of institutionalized child abuse that is endemic within the christian faith. The anti Muslim right wing often forget this inconvenient fact. There are also, when considering the trojan schools scandal a number of creationist schools that had to be quietly curbed, which noticeably avoided the wrath of the media. One of the most deadly terrorist attacks in europe was committed by a fundamentalist Christian- anders Breivik.

I dont see grassroots tories doing anything about this or in addressing inequality and the problems of free market capitalism.

In regards to mass immigration being a cynical scheme by Blair.

I am skeptical. Whilst initially, there was indeed unprecedented immigration I think this was more about the cheap money immigrants bring (Which Osbourne is currently doing) and about filling staff shortages within the NHS rather than an attempt at a New World Order. I have friends from Africa who attempted to move to the UK under Blair, but were refused entry only to be let in under the coalition (This was about 2005 I believe).
Gove will apparently be the one to have the Dimbleby EU debate. Cameron for In.

The above post also makes a good point that non-EU immigration is quite leniant so there's little reason to think the Tories would curtail EU migration significantly out of the EU, especially since I'd bet two third of EU migrants are more skilled than the non-EU ones we let in.
Original post by Foo.mp3
You mean Ms. Merkel doesn’t letcha keep abreast of British political developments? Now there’s a surprise! :mmm:

Well now you look silly for attacking someone for the reason of getting a jibe in. It's actually the BBC that blocks me from watching iPlayer abroad. Awks.
Medi Hassan was on it? He's an absolute scum bag and I automatically lose respect for anyone who disagrees, he's that bad.

How did Jermaine Jenas get on?
Original post by KimKallstrom
Medi Hassan was on it? He's an absolute scum bag and I automatically lose respect for anyone who disagrees, he's that bad.

How did Jermaine Jenas get on?

Every time he spoke I couldn't help but think he didn't have the faintest clue what he was on about. Generally well received by the audience though.

Maybe we could get a Tory on who isn't a complete nobody, unless they're too scared to face up to the public. Maybe start by bringing Jerry Hunt in one week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fair play I don't like her but I thought thornberry was very strong and I agreed with her on everything particularly education.

Jesus Christ just listen to the eurosceptics planning on privatising the ever living hell out of the country driving wages and corporations down and we become a cliche of America full of fat uneducated bigots, waving their flags and shouting freedom as corporates crap all over them
Original post by Davij038
Fair play I don't like her but I thought thornberry was very strong and I agreed with her on everything particularly education.

Jesus Christ just listen to the eurosceptics planning on privatising the ever living hell out of the country driving wages and corporations down and we become a cliche of America full of fat uneducated bigots, waving their flags and shouting freedom as corporates crap all over them

Except leaving the Eu unequivocally will raise wages

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Posted from TSR Mobile

Even if that was the case, you'd need people that weren't a bunch of free market ideologues to implement that
Original post by Davij038
Even if that was the case, you'd need people that weren't a bunch of free market ideologues to implement that

I wasn't arguing the other points, simply that controlled migration will unequivocally raise wages.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514

Posted from TSR Mobile

Given how high non-EU migration rates are, what on earth makes you think that government will significantly control EU migration?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending