The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

UNIVERSITY OF BRISTOL offer holders 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DaisyWorthington
Hi if you message that in the fb group, i'm sure some of the present current year students can give you more information on that :smile:. https://www.facebook.com/groups/BristolUniversityStudentsOfficial/

Id say best accommodation for night life is goldney or any of the stoke bishop halls such as hiatt baker, university hall or badock. But to be honest all of the halls have good nightlife as long as you don't go for any of the student houses or the hawthornes etc
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by EllenKinsey
I am debating whether to go to Nelson or Waverley both seem really fun and in a good location. I just want to be in city centre its a shame everyone turns their nose up at it.
That's cool that you are taking theatre and film. I am doing Film and French !!

Definitely want to be in the centre! So vibrant and buzzing -love it! Ah man that's awesome, I'm glad I found someone else doing Film! Nelson is awesome, I haven't been inside Waverley but I've heard its lovely!
AAB for pharmacology :smile:
If I didn't apply to Bristol but plan on results day.

I want to study Physics AAB (A in maths & B in Physics)
Suppose, I was to get A*BC(ABB) with A* in maths, B in Physics & C in History would I have any chance or?

I know some people who missed their offer by 1 grade and still got in.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

Suppose, I was to get A*BC(ABB) with A* in maths, B in Physics & C in History would I have any chance or?

Very unlikely, especially if you didn't apply in the first place and wont have the required grades.. Worth a call anyway but I wouldn't base any plans on it!

Not a chance.

Where did you get AAB from ?I have an offer from them for AAA and I#m pretty sure everyone's got that
Original post by Dean Smith
Where did you get AAB from ?I have an offer from them for AAA and I#m pretty sure everyone's got that

Contextual offer possibly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dean Smith

AAB is a "contextual offer" on their website.
AAB is a "contextual offer" on their website.

That means they won't offer AAB unless there's extenuating circumstances/ someone has come from a bad school etc.
He wont get an offer anyway. Physics at Bristol is an over subscribed course and it wont even be in Clearing.
Original post by sydneybridge
He wont get an offer anyway. Physics at Bristol is an over subscribed course and it wont even be in Clearing.

Why be negative
Reply 253
Original post by cabdi2014
Why be negative

He's being realistic - better that than to make him think he has a chance and waste an application
Original post by rennys
I got an offer for Law a few months ago, and yesterday I got an email from them saying that they have not received my LNAT score so my offer is still under consideration. Meanwhile, I have already chosen Bristol as my insurance, and all the other universities I have applied to have received my LNAT.
I checked the LNAT page and I have filled all the details, including my UCAS code and ticked Bristol as one of the universities I want the results to be sent to.
The email asks for me to provide my LNAT ID and the date of my examination but I haven't found where exactly I should add these details. Should I send them an email?

I wouldn't worry about it, i have an offer for medicine and i got the exact email about the LNAT and so did lots of other medicine offer holders. It must've been a glitch

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 255
Original post by Harlee24
I wouldn't worry about it, i have an offer for medicine and i got the exact email about the LNAT and so did lots of other medicine offer holders. It must've been a glitch

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your response.
I sent them an email just in case.
Original post by rennys
Thank you for your response.
I sent them an email just in case.

Well done on your offers! What uni is your firm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 257
Original post by oli19919
Well done on your offers! What uni is your firm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Durham is my firm. What about you?
Reply 258
Original post by Harlee24

Posted from TSR Mobile

You were right, it was a glitch haha
Reply 259
Original post by mizzsnazzter

When I was there, durdham was actually voted most sociable hall because we were running more events than any other jcr! Also at durdham there's an end of year all day music festival which the jcr run which is awesome!

Durdham also has one of the largest bars out of all halls at Bristol, despite it being one of the smaller halls... As a result the bar was used a lot for yoga practice, watching football matches, running jcr events etc. Also what I loved was that with 220 people I really felt like I got to know the majority of people in the hall as it had a nice community feel to it. Also the flats have 6/7 people in which is the perfect size to have a good group of friends forming :smile:

)

How often did they run yoga classes? Really interested in this 👍😊
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending