The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

UNIVERSITY OF BRISTOL offer holders 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hi. Thinking of firming bristol for Law. Anyone else the same? :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Unsure whether to firm york or bristol for maths and physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by Sampennington
I firmed my conditional offer for English last week following the post-offer day. I was stuck between two universities (other offer was unconditional) but the day spending time there really helped me to consolidate that Bristol was for me :smile: Have you been on/considered going on the offer day?

Ah okay yeah I was at the same post offer day as you! I did love it but I'm still having such a hard time deciding - what did it for you? And which other uni were you considering?
Original post by kaylazb
Ah okay yeah I was at the same post offer day as you! I did love it but I'm still having such a hard time deciding - what did it for you? And which other uni were you considering?

Ah okay! I really liked the relaxed attitude that the staff and students had, there seemed to be a lot of freedom in what you were able to do, they appear to really encourage you to carve out your own identity in your reading choices rather than continually just sticking to what they give you :smile: I just liked the environment I suppose. Also we went for a walk up to Clifton, and it's so beautiful! Birmingham :smile: Which are your others?
Reply 84
I've received an of civil engineering (msc r). is there anyone else?
Reply 85
Original post by Sampennington
I firmed my conditional offer for English last week following the post-offer day. I was stuck between two universities (other offer was unconditional) but the day spending time there really helped me to consolidate that Bristol was for me :smile: Have you been on/considered going on the offer day?

I also have an unconditional offer for English at Bristol :smile: I unfortunatly couldn't make the offer holder day or any open days as I am currently away travelling. Did I miss anything?
Offer for medicine! I've firmed bristol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
anyone for Philosophy?
Reply 88
Original post by lydmae

Hi, I firmed Bristol the other day for Law :biggrin:
Original post by Eh123456
I also have an unconditional offer for English at Bristol :smile: I unfortunatly couldn't make the offer holder day or any open days as I am currently away travelling. Did I miss anything?

Ah, awesome! In terms of facts about the university/course there probably wasn't much said that you couldn't find online, but there was a sample lecture on form in poetry, which was quite good! I think the biggest help was just being able to talk to a first year, as they gave a lot of opportunity for 'mingling' :smile: It was a good day - and helped me - but I doubt you have missed anything too crucial :smile:
Reply 90
Original post by maarg13

Aw yay! Finally someone who has firmed there :biggrin: What were your other offers?
Original post by maarg13

Me too! have any of yous starting looking at accommodation? :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by cfahy311

I have! I think I'm going to go with Stoke bishop as on the applicant day, the students said that Stoke bishop had more of a social and party feel. I'm looking at maybe hiatt baker self catered or durdham hall. You?
Original post by lydmae
I have! I think I'm going to go with Stoke bishop as on the applicant day, the students said that Stoke bishop had more of a social and party feel. I'm looking at maybe hiatt baker self catered or durdham hall. You?

Ohh very good! tbh at the moment I am pretty clueless, I havent been to the Bristol area so im not really sure whats best. I have heard Stoke Bishop seems to be the best area so I might try and find somewhere there :smile:
Reply 94
Original post by lydmae
Aw yay! Finally someone who has firmed there :biggrin: What were your other offers?

I also had offers from Warwick, Nottingham and Birmingham (which I insured) :smile: How about you?

Original post by cfahy311

A little, are you thinking Stoke Bishop or city? I think I will probably end up putting down The Hawthorns and Manor Hall?
Original post by Celinecc
Hey there! I also have an offer for Zoology :smile:I'm pretty sure I'll be firming it, I really like the look of the course and the new life sciences buiding looks great of course :tongue: Plus I love Bristol as a city..still need to officially firm it and decide on second choice though

oh cool maybe ill see u in september :smile:
where else have u applied if u dont mind me asking?
ive put exeter as my second choice for biological sciences, but i also applied to leicester, nottingham and leeds
Reply 96
Original post by maarg13
I also had offers from Warwick, Nottingham and Birmingham (which I insured) :smile: How about you?

A little, are you thinking Stoke Bishop or city? I think I will probably end up putting down The Hawthorns and Manor Hall?

I have had offers from bristol, exeter, warwick and cardiff (which will be my insurance) :smile: im so excited now!!
Reply 97
Original post by lydmae

Hi, I've already firmed Bristol for Law and I'm glad I did!
Original post by maarg13

Ahh yea I would love the Hawthorns but the demand for it is ridiculous, so I doubt I'd get a place, manor hall could be a good call but!
Reply 99
Original post by khmac11
Hi, I've already firmed Bristol for Law and I'm glad I did!

Cool! Did you go to any of the applicant days? I really liked it then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending