The Student Room Group

uni course

Hello
I am currentally studying my AS levels in history, drama and theatre studies, english literature and biology. The pressure is currently on to look and decide on university's and courses I should apply to next year and to say I have been struggling is an understatement!

Currently I have been looking at either a law degree or a history degree with the intention of either entering the legal industry as a solicitor or going into the creative advertising industry and work as a creative director/copywriter (Obviously I would need to do a postgraduate in creative advertising)

My question is what degree would be better in the long run for me as I have my doubts about both. With law I am not 100% committed with the idea of being a lawyer although I am fully aware that law is not a vocational degree. With history, which I do find extremely interesting, I feel like I would definitely need a postgraduate as a history degree alone doesn't stand well in the employment market. (Or so I have been told...)

Any opinions and advice would be much appreciated. Thank you
Anyone ? Sorry if it's in the wrong forum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending