The Student Room Group

How to revise effectively

I do maths ,biology,chemistry and economics AS Level. I have been revising everyday so far since December yet I've got an overall E in maths. u in chemistry and biology and a E in economics. WHY?! I legit cried so many times and I dont understand
Practice makes perfect. In other words past papers are the key.
Reply 2
Original post by German123
Practice makes perfect. In other words past papers are the key.

Past papers do indeed help. It also helped me getting a B from a D.
it's the quality of revision that counts, not quantity.
make sure you address your main weaknesses and revise those bits first.
do lots of practice papers.
Make it fun. If it's something boring like reading from a textbook for 3 hours, you will have zero motivation and also not learn anything! Make colourful posters, make flash cards, design a quiz, draw mind maps or spider diagrams, create rhymes to remember things or even songs and get your friends involved. Invite a group of friends round (that you know will not go off topic!) and revise with them, asking each other questions and getting each other to explain things. Good Luck and I hope it all goes well for you :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Amie_dancer
Make it fun. If it's something boring like reading from a textbook for 3 hours, you will have zero motivation and also not learn anything! Make colourful posters, make flash cards, design a quiz, draw mind maps or spider diagrams, create rhymes to remember things or even songs and get your friends involved. Invite a group of friends round (that you know will not go off topic!) and revise with them, asking each other questions and getting each other to explain things. Good Luck and I hope it all goes well for you :smile:
. Thank you so much darling
Reply 6
Thank you guys…it actually helped a lot. Hopefully my grades improve
Original post by Skylaaaar
. Thank you so much darling

Anytime love :smile:
Look at past papers as well as examiner's reports, I find those are most helpful to me. They won't tell you how to pass, but they often tell you what not to do so that a marker will see your answers more favourably.
Past papers, and a set routine.

For my A level exams I revised with coloured pens, diagrams and definitions.

I woke up at 5 in the morning monday to friday to revise for an hour, then I'd have a nap and wake up 20 minutes later. Never forgot a thing I revised in those early hours - no distractions, just silence.
Original post by Amie_dancer

This is great! Do this and some past papers...I hope your grades improve. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Doing past papers, being organized, using highlighters, re-doings exercises until you know them. That's great, especially for maths, but I don't think anyone has talked about the importance of making your left brain and your right brain work.
Memory is like a muscle, you have to use it the right way and train it.
This article explains how to use your right brain and left brain in coordination for better grades, I'll give you the link because I don't want to plagiarize.
http://tinyurl.com/studytips8

Also, eat healthy food, and take regular breaks, that's very important!

Quick Reply