The Student Room Group

When do most people start revision (A2s) ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mariamtagrerout
How do I revise for French :frown:

Learn lots of vocab for each topic area that you're covering this year. It helps if you learn them by using them i.e. writing a few sentences on a topic and using lots of key words, rather than just memorising lists...unless that works for you of course.
Make sure you understand and can use and recognise all grammar principles required for your course.
And practise the four main skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing as often as you can.
Are you doing AS or A2?
I thought that starting around Easter was a good time to start (provided I don't slack, of course) and would allow me plenty of time to revise all the content, practice with past papers etc. so I'm prepared for the exams.

I read this thread and the fact that most of you are starting to revise ridiculously early makes me feel like a failure.

Then again, for 2 of my subjects (Travel & Tourism and Leisure Studies) we don't even start learning the exam unit content until March. So that only leaves Sociology and GCSE Spanish as the subjects I'll start to properly revise at Easter.
Original post by Ice Dragon
I thought that starting around Easter was a good time to start (provided I don't slack, of course) and would allow me plenty of time to revise all the content, practice with past papers etc. so I'm prepared for the exams.

I read this thread and the fact that most of you are starting to revise ridiculously early makes me feel like a failure.

Then again, for 2 of my subjects (Travel & Tourism and Leisure Studies) we don't even start learning the exam unit content until March. So that only leaves Sociology and GCSE Spanish as the subjects I'll start to properly revise at Easter.

Lol I'm doing 4 subjects (maths, further maths, economics and philosophy) and starting at Easter so don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
approximately 2:07 on the 24th of march
Original post by Louisa Webb
Learn lots of vocab for each topic area that you're covering this year. It helps if you learn them by using them i.e. writing a few sentences on a topic and using lots of key words, rather than just memorising lists...unless that works for you of course.
Make sure you understand and can use and recognise all grammar principles required for your course.
And practise the four main skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing as often as you can.
Are you doing AS or A2?

Thank youuu!! I'm doing AS
Original post by Louisa Webb
I know EXACTLY how you feel!

I'm glad someone understands! It just feels like so much work! What subjects are you doing??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BestWingmanEver
Eugh I feel exactly the same. Although I got decent AS grades (A's/B's) I'm basically resitting everything, with a total of 22-24 exams :frown: Got so much going on at the moment, stressing me out

Omg that seems like so much stress for actually really decent grades... But if you are going to go for accounting and finance you really shouldn't be stressing yourself out by doing so many exams for medicine! And even if you do take a gap year then might as well do the retakes then, and not stress yourself out now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got a d in my chem4 mock, feeling so bad. Don't know how revise anymore.
Reply 88
Early Feb?! I started revising before Christmas... I really need to get a life
I started today, takes me a few weeks to get into the full swing of things and I always start later and realise how much sooner I should have started.
If you're me, 1/2 days before the exam :frown: :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nancyanne
Just got a d in my chem4 mock, feeling so bad. Don't know how revise anymore.

I know these feels! I got an E in my recent Biology mock and a U in my Maths one :/
Original post by nush1597
I'm glad someone understands! It just feels like so much work! What subjects are you doing??

Posted from TSR Mobile

It does! I'm doing Biology, Maths and German, how about you?
Original post by Changing Skies
If you're me, 1/2 days before the exam :frown: :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good to see im not the only one, been putting off revising since Christmas holidays.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Wow you give me hope
I started a week after I completed my AS exams.
unit 3 bio OCR A2 is hard to revise for :9 ANY TIPS?
Original post by Abdul-Karim

Speechless......

Wish i had that work ethic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by Abdul-Karim

seriously?:eek:
Original post by sr234
seriously?:eek:

Yes maam, it proved worthwhile. Albeit, I'm not the most academically gifted so I have to work harder than your average person to stay afloat.

Quick Reply

Latest