The Student Room Group

For girls between the ages of 20-25....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Secretnerd123

I am attracted to guys much older but I dont imagine we'd have alot in common. plus, its very easy for an older man to emotionally manipulate you. and he'd also be more likely to have kids (no way in hell do i want to be a stepmum) or an ex which hes still not over/in his life.

im 20 in 4 months btw

This happened to me. His "ex" wasn't his ex and was in fact his girlfriend. He was stupid enough to call her in front of me many times. And yes, I did put 2 and 2 together and got 4. He does have kids and I was closer to his eldest son's age than his.

Knowing he had kids, I did kinda accept that his ex would be in his life, (I would be more concerned if she wasn't tbh) but it was more the way they'd talk to each other on the phone. It was more the way you'd talk to your partner and not an ex of yours.
Original post by OU Student
This happened to me. His "ex" wasn't his ex and was in fact his girlfriend. He was stupid enough to call her in front of me many times. And yes, I did put 2 and 2 together and got 4. He does have kids and I was closer to his eldest son's age than his.

Knowing he had kids, I did kinda accept that his ex would be in his life, (I would be more concerned if she wasn't tbh) but it was more the way they'd talk to each other on the phone. It was more the way you'd talk to your partner and not an ex of yours.

so did she find out that he was cheating on her with you?

i hate men like that so much -__-
Original post by Secretnerd123
so did she find out that he was cheating on her with you?

i hate men like that so much -__-

I have no idea. I had my suspicions, which he's not aware of. After I told him I didn't want to be with him, it was only then that he started talking about his girlfriend.
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
I really can't see what a uni student in their early 20s would have in common with a guy who is 10+ years older. I mean, he wouldn't even know what Recess or Hey Arnold were and was probably too old to be an S-Club 7 fan when they came out.

lool this is precisely why i dont want someone over 5/6 years older than me. i want someonee to enjoy talking about all aspects of childhood with. cant be dealing with unknown shows that came out before i was born :lol:
Not even 20 but prefer older men.
I really can't see what a uni student in their early 20s would have in common with a guy who is 10+ years older. I mean, he wouldn't even know what Recess or Hey Arnold were and was probably too old to be an S-Club 7 fan when they came out.

S-club 7 were always ****.
Original post by carlaraptor
Uh... how passionate/enjoyable they are in bed, I guess? I like sex a lot, like most people probably do. How much I love it depends on the person. I don't really enjoy sex without emotion, for example. Sex in a relationship is much more rewarding.

Oh wow i didn't think girls liked sex or men at all. I certainly dont get that impression when i speak to them. They never really answer back or bother making eye contact or even smiling.

I once dated someone 13 years older than me. Apart from running, we had nothing in common with each other. I couldn't see us having a long term relationship at all because of this. Talking to him was rather boring too.
I don't know about older men in general; there is only one older man.

I met my boyfriend when I was 17 and he was 29 and we've been very happy ever since. I can't speak for the rest of the women my age as it very much depends on individual taste, but I've always got on better with people who are older than me.
I'm 22 and to be honest, age doesn't really bother me- if I genuinely loved that person then it wouldn't matter to me, although there is a limit of course. :tongue: But if I loved them and found them physically attractive then I wouldn't care how many years older they were.
So much conflict and animosity here :indiff:

Blessed to be gay :lol:
Original post by Flying Cookie
So much conflict and animosity here :indiff:

Blessed to be gay :lol:

Take it you don't have much of a fancy for older women then?
Original post by TorpidPhil
Take it you don't have much of a fancy for older women then?

I might, but the playing field is more level. There isn't this nasty conflict between sexes. It doesn't even have to exist in real life, but just the "evolutionary psychology" BS that to this day you read about is really divisive.

Regardless of whether I'm into older, younger, richer or "more fertile" women, they can be either and so can I. This means the focus can be shifted towards you know, real life things like actually liking someone.
Original post by Flying Cookie
I might, but the playing field is more level. There isn't this nasty conflict between sexes. It doesn't even have to exist in real life, but just the "evolutionary psychology" BS that to this day you read about is really divisive.

Regardless of whether I'm into older, younger, richer or "more fertile" women, they can be either and so can I. This means the focus can be shifted towards you know, real life things like actually liking someone.

Ha, profound, succinct and true.

Evolutionary psychology is BS though.
Original post by DrID
I ain't saying she a gold digger.... but she aint messin with no broke...

My husband was actually unemployed for 1.5 years when I married him. I do love a bit of Kayne though 😉

Quick Reply

Latest