The Student Room Group

Pharmacy 2015 applicants: FIRMS / INSURANCE ? OFFERS?

2015 applicants! I've been looking, but haven't found a stalking page for pharmacy specifically or just a thread for offers,firms & insurance, so i made one myself!
Or please link if i'm wrong?

Me: offers from birmingham AAB
bath AAB
waiting for : nottingham post interview

And currently torn between bath, and maybe nottingham if i get an offer?
Also, almost all pharm degrees ask for the same grades so what do we do as an insurance?
I guess it is my turn... :colondollar:

Offers:
Portsmouth: ABC
Medway: ABB
Aston: ABB
Reading: pre-interview....

I am definitely firming Portsmouth as my insurance, not very sure about my firm, as I have not underwent an interview with Reading yet....but I think my firm will most likely be either Reading or Medway

In response to your question, apart from pharmacy, have you applied for other subject (e.g. Biomedical Science) that might allocate an lower offer than Pharmacy?

--Marvel
Original post by MarvelAgent
I guess it is my turn... :colondollar:

Offers:
Portsmouth: ABC
Medway: ABB
Aston: ABB
Reading: pre-interview....

I am definitely firming Portsmouth as my insurance, not very sure about my firm, as I have not underwent an interview with Reading yet....but I think my firm will most likely be either Reading or Medway

In response to your question, apart from pharmacy, have you applied for other subject (e.g. Biomedical Science) that might allocate an lower offer than Pharmacy?

--Marvel

Hi! Do you need any information about the MPharm course here at Medway? Any questions just give me a shout!

Good luck with your applications!
Original post by Medway School of Pharmacy
Hi! Do you need any information about the MPharm course here at Medway? Any questions just give me a shout!

Good luck with your applications!

In fact I do have quetions, I will send you an PM.

--Marvel
Original post by Miss.Dee97
2015 applicants! I've been looking, but haven't found a stalking page for pharmacy specifically or just a thread for offers,firms & insurance, so i made one myself!
Or please link if i'm wrong?

Me: offers from birmingham AAB
bath AAB
waiting for : nottingham post interview

And currently torn between bath, and maybe nottingham if i get an offer?
Also, almost all pharm degrees ask for the same grades so what do we do as an insurance?

Congrats on your offer from Bath!
I have an interview for bath next week so I'd be very grateful if you told me what kinda questions they asked
Original post by MarvelAgent
In fact I do have quetions, I will send you an PM.

--Marvel

Brilliant, I have received these questions and have sent them to an academic for the best possible response.

I am here to help. So please, if you think of anything else, just contact me!

S
Offer:
UCL (unconditional) (firmed)

I have achieved A*A*A* in Maths, Biology and Chemistry and am taking a gap year. Reapply to Cambridge this year but fail again....So, I have to face the truth and enjoy my 4-year pharmacy study at UCL
:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Nadin123k
Congrats on your offer from Bath!
I have an interview for bath next week so I'd be very grateful if you told me what kinda questions they asked

Hi thank you!
Oh and don't worry! Its an informal interview! Literally the whole day is like an applicant/ open day with a 5 min "interview" at the end of the day, one to one with a member of staff and there are none of the expected q's like why pharm? Etc. literally just a friendly chat about your personal statement and the conversation will just flow from what interests you have etc

Also they say there that having been offered an interview you're basically 90% likely to get an offer unless it seems like you TOTALLY don't know what you're applying for ahaha, have fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Miss.Dee97
Hi thank you!
Oh and don't worry! Its an informal interview! Literally the whole day is like an applicant/ open day with a 5 min "interview" at the end of the day, one to one with a member of staff and there are none of the expected q's like why pharm? Etc. literally just a friendly chat about your personal statement and the conversation will just flow from what interests you have etc

Also they say there that having been offered an interview you're basically 90% likely to get an offer unless it seems like you TOTALLY don't know what you're applying for ahaha, have fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phew! To be honest I thought they were gonna be asking all the generic questions like why pharmacy, so that's good to know! Thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 9
Has anyone had an interview at Manchester?mine is after tomorrow and I still have no idea about what sort of questions to expect,what the panel is like e.t.c any help would be appreciated (:
I know someone who had one and they asked her to draw the displayed formula of methanone
Original post by Nadin123k
I know someone who had one and they asked her to draw the displayed formula of methanone

Really?so the interview was formal?
Original post by Pharm1996
Offer:

I have achieved A*A*A* in Maths, Biology and Chemistry and am taking a gap year. Reapply to Cambridge this year but fail again....So, I have to face the truth and enjoy my 4-year pharmacy study at UCL
:smile:

Hi, just wondering, did you apply to any other pharmacy schools? What are the reasons you like UCL?

I have gotten offers from a few unis but currently torned between UCL and King's.
I just sent off my application... Nervous.

I put down;

Bradford

De mont

Central Lancashire

Reading

Sussex

Hopefully I get offers from at least 2 unis 😓
Reply 14
Original post by BewareTomato
I just sent off my application... Nervous.

I put down;

Bradford

De mont

Central Lancashire

Reading

Sussex

Hopefully I get offers from at least 2 unis 😓

Hi! May I ask what your predicted grades are? I applied for Bradford too, but no reply as of yet
Reply 15
Reply 16
Original post by Pharm1996
Offer:

I have achieved A*A*A* in Maths, Biology and Chemistry and am taking a gap year. Reapply to Cambridge this year but fail again....So, I have to face the truth and enjoy my 4-year pharmacy study at UCL:smile:

I have in interview at UCL this month and I'm really nervous. Do you have any tips on how to calm down about it?? Can you recall how the interview was set out??? Thank you! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending