The Student Room Group

~~Official ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 (Thread + Poll)~~

Poll

Who will win the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015?

Who's gonna be watching World Cup Cricket this year?
Who are you supporting? :smile::smile:

TEAMS:
Pool A
England
Australia
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
New Zealand
Afghanistan
Scotland
Pool B
South Africa
India
Pakistan
West Indies
Zimbabwe
Ireland
United Arab Emirates

2015 ICC Cricket World Cup Schedule

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Meeeee can't wait will next Friday
Australia are gonna win though :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by futuremedic19
Meeeee can't wait will next Friday
Australia are gonna win though :smile:

Sameeeee......!!! :smile::biggrin::smile:

Sri Lanka all the way!! :crossedf:
Reply 3
En-ger-land.

Not feeling confident, though. New kit looks nice at least: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/cricket/englands-world-cup-kit-revealed-5110507
The only annoying thing is the time difference. Lol is anyone else seriously gonna stay up all night to watch the games live. I know I definitely am!!!
Reply 5
I know!! I'll probably stay up for the Matches during the later stages of the season... And probs when Sri Lanka play...
But otherwise I'll be checking out the Highlights....
I'll be supporting Pakistan although we ain't got a chance in hell of winning. Australia, NZ and RSA are the favourites. Out of the favourites, I hope RSA or NZ wins. I really don't wanna see the arrogant Aussies win another world cup.
Indian checking in. :shades:

Gonna watch what I can! IndiaVsPakistan and finals will not be missed. :mmm:

I can't wait! One week to goooo! :biggrin:
England of course! :biggrin: My second team has to be Bangladesh since it's my parents country :tongue: Australia have to be favourites though...
Original post by Meddabee
I know!! I'll probably stay up for the Matches during the later stages of the season... And probs when Sri Lanka play...
But otherwise I'll be checking out the Highlights....

Cool so I see your supporting Sri Lanka then :smile:

TBH with Sangakkara and Jayawardene retiring after the world cup it would be a great way to say goodbye if they can win it !!

Plus Sri Lanka have got to the final for the last 2 world cups so maybe this is their year.

I wouldn't mind if SriLanka win tbh as I got to meet Sangakkara 2 years ago on his Birthday for a chat/pics and all the SriLankans are very humble and down to earth people.

Personally I hate Australia lol but at the same time they're just tooo strong.
South Africa are always strong on paper but (especially with De villiers playing this way they look invincible) but they never seem to deliver on the big stage.

I can't see any of the Subcontinent teams (India/Pakistan/Sri Lanka/Bangladesh) being able to play on these fast paced bouncy Aussie/NZ wickets.

New Zealand look very strong and with home advantage they have a great chance. However they don't have that firepower and agression that Australia have.

West Indies are much more suited to T20 and England to Test matches and can't see either winning an ODI tournament.

So yeah by a process of elimination my money's on Australia :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Are we using this thread or the Cricket Society thread?
Original post by Mackay
Are we using this thread or the Cricket Society thread?

Would be nice to have a special thread for the world cup... maybe one with a poll, the groups and the teams? Just a suggestion lool.
Indian supporter :biggrin: but think its gonna be very hard for India to win.
Reply 13
Original post by Tennumbers
Would be nice to have a special thread for the world cup... maybe one with a poll, the groups and the teams? Just a suggestion lool.

Suggestion taken... Created a poll :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by futuremedic19
Cool so I see your supporting Sri Lanka then :smile:

TBH with Sangakkara and Jayawardene retiring after the world cup it would be a great way to say goodbye if they can win it !!

Plus Sri Lanka have got to the final for the last 2 world cups so maybe this is their year.

I wouldn't mind if SriLanka win tbh as I got to meet Sangakkara 2 years ago on his Birthday for a chat/pics and all the SriLankans are very humble and down to earth people.

Personally I hate Australia lol but at the same time they're just tooo strong.
South Africa are always strong on paper but (especially with De villiers playing this way they look invincible) but they never seem to deliver on the big stage.

I can't see any of the Subcontinent teams (India/Pakistan/Sri Lanka/Bangladesh) being able to play on these fast paced bouncy Aussie/NZ wickets.

New Zealand look very strong and with home advantage they have a great chance. However they don't have that firepower and agression that Australia have.

West Indies are much more suited to T20 and England to Test matches and can't see either winning an ODI tournament.

So yeah by a process of elimination my money's on Australia :smile:

Yeppp... A proud Sri Lankan Supporter! :biggrin:

Yeah, we haven't won it since 1996...and it would be a lovely good bye present if we can beat the odds and Win!! And they are such lovely people too!

I don't like Aussie too, but it seems it might be in their favour...
But I really do hope Sri Lanka can do it...and We,supporters, believe they can aswell... :crossedf::crossedf::crossedf:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Tennumbers

Sounds a good idea to me!
Reply 16
World Cup Facts

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1423556262.288132.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Windies look awful...
ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT !!!!
I CANNOT WAIT !!!!!!
:smile:

What an exciting way to start aswell. England v Australia followed by India V Pakistan the next day.
Reply 19
Voted SA on the poll.

Latest