The Student Room Group

Switching from CompSci to another science

So basically I've recently been accepted into Aberdeen, Robert Gordons and Glasgow for Computer Science however I'm already beginning to regret my choice for quite a few reasons.

I will probably take up the place at Glasgow so I was wondering if anyone knows whether its possible to switch from computer science to another science (most likely physics, also considering chemistry)? I know for some unis there is a system in place which allows you to switch to another science but does anyone know if this also applies to Computer science?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by リサフランク420 / 現代の

Do you have the prerequisites for your chosen science? If yes, it's usually a case of talking to the admissions at the relevant department, as it's ultimately whether they have a place for you or not. I don't think there is anything particularly special about switching to another science though, I suspect they just treat it normally.
Reply 2
Out of those 3 universities, Glasgow would give you the most flexibility in changing degree while I'm pretty sure RGU don't do physics or chemistry. Glasgow is also a good option if you're undecided on exactly what subject you want to study as you do 3 different subjects in 1st year although 1 would probably have to be maths especially if you want to do physics. Aberdeen is kinda similar but I'm not sure on the space they have within their 1st years. You really need to decided what subject you want to study before choosing something you regret.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending