The Student Room Group

Driving Test in 3 days :O

Hey guys,

I've got my driving test in 3 days and I'm so nervous :/ all of my friends failed their first times because of other drivers doing stupid things i.e. pulling out in front of them etc.. and it's making me really anxious. I've had 30 hours worth of driving with my instructor and around 60 in my own car with my parents. To make it worse, my instructor's car broke down today so I haven't been able to have my last lesson before my test and will probably have to use my car for the actual thing o.O

If you have any advice, that would be absolutely amazing! Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by hellothere996
Hey guys,

all of my friends failed their first times because of other drivers doing stupid things i.e. pulling out in front of them etc..

Um, they won't fail you if you had to react to other drivers making a mistake.
Be confident you will pass :smile:
Original post by jjd213
Um, they won't fail you if you had to react to other drivers making a mistake.

But it does depend on how you react and how you are able to anticipate. Those kind of things will happen in everyday driving so you need to be able to react to them correctly
Reply 4
Original post by hellothere996
Hey guys,

I've got my driving test in 3 days and I'm so nervous :/ all of my friends failed their first times because of other drivers doing stupid things i.e. pulling out in front of them etc.. and it's making me really anxious. I've had 30 hours worth of driving with my instructor and around 60 in my own car with my parents. To make it worse, my instructor's car broke down today so I haven't been able to have my last lesson before my test and will probably have to use my car for the actual thing o.O

If you have any advice, that would be absolutely amazing! Thank you :smile:

I've got my test on 9th aswell. What time is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Try not to be nervous, even if you make mistakes in some of your lessons- A good driving instructor will teach you to such a high standard that the test its self will not be difficult.

A few of things to remember...
1. Check your blind spot before moving off
2. Don't rush to go at a round about (this is what I failed on) if you are not 100% sure that you can go then don't, at worse you will get a minor for hesitation but that is not as bad as a serious!
3. The examiners really aren't that harsh, of course they will fail you for doing something really bad but don't worry too much about the little things, and if you make a mistake TELL THEM!
4. RELAX, I wouldn't believe anybody before my test- but they were right, as soon as you get going your nerves will go away and you can just focus on driving.

Good luck, i'm sure you won't need it- but if you do fail then its not the end of the world. :smile:
Reply 6
I always think of it as a safety test rather than a test for your driving ability.
Just don't worry and drive safely. Check mirrors/blind spots etc...
Don't worry about small things like stalling or whatever, as long as you proceed safely after, i.e. neutral, handbrake bla bla you will be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending