The Student Room Group

Best Method of Revision (Sciences)?

Hi. I've got a Chemistry GCSE mock coming up and I were wondering the best way you guys find it to revise for the sciences. I don't really know how to revise at the moment so I need some tips :colondollar:
Reply 1
One way is to get a fresh notebook and make notes from a detailed textbook/revision guide. It's good to use colour, graphs and pictures/drawings where possible as using visual guides helps a lot.

Some people I know have a notepad, the size of their phone, where they wrote all the info from on Unit. They use a different notepad for the different units and every morning on their way to school on the bus they just read them.

I also like to revise by making a really long presentation on the Units of the subject i'm studying. Just by making it and checking over it helps you revise a lot as you are practically revising for a long period of time. When i finished the presentation i simply left it playing on my pc in a loop and kept checking it troughout the day for over a week... This takes up a lot of your time so it's not the best

If you have a close friend who is also revising for chemistry you can both get a text book and ask eachother questions from the different topics or present the units to each other as studying from others is easier than from a textbook...

Hope this helps ^.^
Yeah, definitely telling people what you've learnt is useful as it shows you how much you really remeber. Also, mygcsescience.com was amazing for my gcses, I swear by it :smile: the guy who makes the videos is a better teacher than any one I've ever had at school and I went from a U to a B in all my sciences overall with an A* in one exam. Good luck with your exams:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest