The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
iceman_jondoe
yeah hated the fact they asked you to come soo early for the pre-reg and then made you wait another hour or so for the interview lol was ridiculous. I had 3 interviewers in my interview..

They secretly spy on you (for an hour) to see what kind of a person you are! :wink:
Reply 121
rahmed
They secretly spy on you (for an hour) to see what kind of a person you are! :wink:

I sure hope so - that would be great!! :biggrin:

I better fit in some crap about being "well leet" or some awesome banter. :p:
Reply 122
hey danesh wat scenario did u choose
Reply 123
I chose the one with the 15 year old who miscarries / all the social problems involved with it. The rest of the interview went a lot better than my interview at Bart's last year. There was some lazy arse in my interview group (who must have been high or something by the looks of it). He kept asking how to spell "decision" and asking people the answers on the questionnaire! lol :P

Plus I got to tell them about the time I found 2500 assorted capsules of Seconal, tuinal and amytal (the doctor burst out laughing!) :smile:.
i found the last ethical scenario you know the sanjay one easiest :smile:
Reply 125
gman, were you the guy I talked to at my interview today (or am i mistaking you for someone else!!).

I forgot to mention a "freak out" I saw involving a questionnaire being torn up 5 seconds before she was called to interview. Poor girl :frown:
danesh
I heard The pms wishes to interview a large amount of students and they still cannot find the staff to do it!
ard otherwise from the interviewers themselves.
four people are required for the panels (usually 3 as someone is bound not to turn up): A doctor, an admissions staff, a student, and I am ashamed to say [and i quote] "A blind one armed disabled black lesbian" (:s-smilie: )to fulfill the political correctness issues.

what the **** are you on about.

Gizmo!
i fink ther interview system is probably the best one i ave come across for selecting candidates for medicine.

..the whole structure of the course and teaching is of a similarly appropriate, real-life standard :smile:
Reply 127
ouch sorry ot hear about that danesh, hey what kind of offers do they give to resit applicants? say if they got ABB or BBB? would it be the standard offer or would it be AAA?
Reply 128
I dont know what Tim Street is on about - but yes, thats what a consultant told me.

I think offers are given as ABB, I dont think they would ask for AAA. That would be a nightmare!
if you have ABB already i think you'll get an unconditional...but obviously all offers are conditional based upon the criminal record checks and other checks they do etc..
Reply 130
yea danesh i'm the black guy who was talking to you on the interview day.
Yea i chose th first one about the downs syndrome girl who was to have the examination but was crying and the mum said just carry on.

Basically just about consent and is it right. It didn'tgo to badly but u can never no they always smile although when telling one of my stories they did laugh but its the same as smiling it doesn't mean anything.

Danesh you seemed pretty confident when u walked out must have gone well.

What girl riped hers up which one was that.

I didn't no if we were allowed to talk in the prep room so wen ppl asked me stuf i just nodded or shook my head.
Reply 131
yeah - i didnt talk in the preparation room (they could have been listening!). I hope it went well (though I did mess up one question a bit and had to ask for it again!).

I dont know which girl it was that ripped up her paper, she had black hair i think??

Now for the waiting......... :frown:
i remember when i went in the prep room everyone looked so nervous i finished doing everything with 5 minutes to spare so ended up just chatting..lol
Reply 133
i love the pic in ur profile tim street, GET BEERS IN hahaha