The Student Room Group

WIMBLEDON/ LONDON STUDENTS...read plz

hey there, anyone go to wimbledon college of arts/ live in wimbledon/ live in london? If yes, to any of the above, please need you to help me get to know the place a bit more before i consider goin/ livin there as a undergraduate student.
i noticed alot of, er, asians and black people about, (especially in town centre) is it a dangerous area to live/ walk around esp. when it gets dark?
wots london like, safety wise, when commuting? any stations i should be wary about...e.g. edgeware tube station always seems deserted wen i get a tube from there?...weird.
....n i kno its v expensive to live in london, any tips/ cheaper places/ areas to live in london, that i can jus get a tube/ bus to wimbledon college of arts from?

MUCH APPRECIATED GUYS....WIMBLEDON ARTS STUDENTS AND NONE STUDENTS........CHEERZ

oh yeh...p.s couldnt help but notice not much mixing between the white art students/ whites in general and the ethnic minorities in wimbledon.... is that normal? does it only happen in wimbledon or all over london....theres me thinking london was diverse?!
OMG I KNOW HOW TO BLAB ON....K SHUTTING UP NOW....UR GO TO TALK.......
oh yeh, lols, p.p.s whats the crime like in wimbledon? n college accomadation like?
Reply 1

I dont think london is actually as dangerous as people make out.
Its all hype from people outside the area. once you're about its perfectly fine.
ah, there's black people and asians - it must be a very dangerous place.
Reply 3
Wimbledon is actually not a bad part of london considering other areas of south london. But I would agree that peoples fear of crime in london is greatly disproportionate.
Reply 4
HenvY
ah, there's black people and asians - it must be a very dangerous place.

lols, ah i never get tired of sarcasm (!) ...lols jus sayin dis, cos i kno wot asians r like....i am pakistani after all. i wos runnin away from my town centre cos its full of wannabe badboy asian boys n paki ho's trying to make a reputation for demselves....i jus figure if i dont go lookin for trouble i wont find it.....hopefully!!!
Reply 5
halmal
lols, ah i never get tired of sarcasm (!) ...lols jus sayin dis, cos i kno wot asians r like....i am pakistani after all. i wos runnin away from my town centre cos its full of wannabe badboy asian boys n paki ho's trying to make a reputation for demselves....i jus figure if i dont go lookin for trouble i wont find it.....hopefully!!!

Please type properly, text speak is against the rules on this website.

The dangers of living in London are highly over-rated unless you go looking for trouble. I live in Newham which is supposedly the 4th worst place to live in the UK and I've never had a moment's trouble or even seen any trouble. While of course it's not nice to hear about shootings and the like in London, the truth is that the media love a good murder and over hype the dangers of living in London to another level. Once you're here it's fine.
Seriously, there's absolutely no need to worry. Wimbledon is one of the most upmarket suburbs in London... most of it is tree-lined suburbia, and is home to some of the most expensive properties in London.

I'm living just down the road in Kingston which has a similar feel to it, and I've seen no trouble what-so-ever. London is a very diverse community, and personally I think that's a good thing. People often do tend to stick in groups "of their own kind," but I think that's the same as anywhere.

London is a cool place to live! I love it.

Latest

Trending

Trending