The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i have a bowl of cereal or porridge in the morning (porridge usually with something sweet like jam or honey) or just an apple and orange. lunch i either skip (accidentally since i'm in school, i don't do packed lunch and i never have money) or have a sandwich. and for dinner it's whatever I want or whatever's there, but in moderation.

some days, i can't be bothered to eat... cooking it, opening my mouth, chewing it... it's too much work lol.

if i feel like a snack, it's either a cereal bar or fruit (more often than not, the latter cos i LOVE FRUIT SO MUCH).

idk about calories to be honest.
Reply 21
No idea in terms of calories really... in a typical day I'll probably have 1.5 weetabix with skimmed milk, a banana, a WW soup (about 100 cals I think) with 2 ryvita, an apple or two, then tea which will be something like veggie lasagne or half a tin of tuna mixed with tomato sauce or a bowl of stir fry veg or something. Depends on what I've got in really.

[edit] just looked on a site that tells you calorie content of different food and have estimated that I usually eat about 500 calories plus whatever I eat for tea, which always ends up being my biggest meal of the day. I'm sure I usually eat at least another 500-600cals for tea and then any snacks or drinks I have in the evening.
Reply 22
All I know is that I eat far, far too much. I don't care.. I'm not overweight
Reply 23
I eat 6-7 square meals each day but Im trying to put on weight and I regularly go to the gym and do weight training.

In essence, Im a bodybuilder although on a recreational level.

Same as another person in this post, my main expense is food, about £100 on meat alone a month.
Reply 24
Stone, ever been on MT? :wink:
Reply 25
Cortez
I'm not sad enough to calorie count.

HeeHee!! Snap!!

I eat what I want, when I want, whenever I want and however much I want- it's grand :biggrin:
Probably not enough- about eight hundred a day! If I eat any more than that I gain weight.... :frown:
Reply 27
bader
Stone, ever been on MT? :wink:

hahahah im bored mate!

the girls nipped off with her mates for a work do and im alone in the house. both of my housemates have gone out too. whats your name on there?
Reply 28
I probably have about 1400 cals a day, but i am overweight and am on a diet plan approved by my personal trainer :p: It's working too :biggrin:
God knows. Maybe 1000, maybe less. I just don't eat much:

2 weetabix with semi skimmed milk

A piece of cheese on some bread, a packet of mini ryvitas and a cereal bar

And then something else low fat based. Usually cous cous, low fat fish pie, a noodle thing and a cereal bar.
about 7 bowls of bran flakes per day.

hee hee I'm regular AND I can empty rooms! =D
Reply 31
I've never counted to be honest
Reply 32
Princess_Peach
about 7 bowls of bran flakes per day.

hee hee I'm regular AND I can empty rooms! =D

how ladylike! you make me laugh, your other post about having a frig is funny too.

remember its not only how many calories you have in a day, its the quality of them.

1000 cals from kfc is different than getting 1000 cals from eating roasted chicken, brown rice with green veg.
Stone
how ladylike! you make me laugh, your other post about having a frig is funny too.

remember its not only how many calories you have in a day, its the quality of them.

1000 cals from kfc is different than getting 1000 cals from eating roasted chicken, brown rice with green veg.

Indeed.

I'm serious about the bran flakes. Thats some high fibre quality nutrition there :wink:

Also, not all fat from high fibre foods is absorbed, so you shat it out. Thus the smell. I love owning all train carriages with my power.
Mine varies between 1500/1600 and 4000 (more if I'm not paying attention to what I eat).
I don't count calories but I have:

Breakfast: Cereal and yoghurt

Lunch: Ham salad on brown and a peice of fruit

Tea: Jacket potato with cheese and a yoghurt.
Jillie Boe
I don't count calories but I have:

Breakfast: Cereal and yoghurt

Lunch: Ham salad on brown and a peice of fruit

Tea: Jacket potato with cheese and a yoghurt.

Every day?
I eat too much now, but I'm not putting weight on, I don't want to put weight on by the way. My appetite is so big now. I eat a lot but try to eat healthy low fat and low calorie things. I also have to walk up a massive hill at least once a day, normally twice. I power walk so burn the calories off that way. I am gonna cut back before I start to get fat. One rule, no more food tonight :biggrin:

What I have eaten today: -

Breakfast: -
Cereal (about 180 calories)
Shape Yogurt (55 calories)
Small glass of orange juice (probably about 80 calories)

Snack:-
Fun size bag of malteasers (only 109 calories btw)

Lunch:-
Ham sandwich (about 300 calories)
Skips (84 calories)
Another shape yogurt (55 calories)

Snack: -
Weightwatchers chocolate chip cookies (100 calories)
2 Pink and Whites (100 calories)

Dinner:-
Big spring roll, rice and salad (estimate 700 calories)
Bread roll (about 100 calories)

Other drinks: -
Cuppa with skimmed milk and sweeteners (about 50 calories)
Diet Coke (virtually nothing)
Water

This adds up to ONLY 1913 calories :eek: and I've eaten so much. According to an online calorie requirement thing telling me how much I need to maintain my weight, I need 2084 calories per day. I'm glad I eat lower calorie snacks otherwise the pounds will roll on.
Reply 38
bader
If your female then 2000 should be fine; males 2500

And me... drum role please... 7000ish :biggrin:

How the **** do you manage that?
To those who are eating 600 - 1000 because they gain weight when they eat any more - try to psuh youself to eat more. Your body will balances itself out, but eating a starvation diet wil crash your metabolism, meaning that you will gain weight on less food.

x

Latest

Trending

Trending