The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
welshandy
life is wayyyyyy to short to be counting calories... if your not happy with your weight.. excercise and be active dont stop eating what you want to

Thats exactly what ive decided to do. i used to obsess over calories and what i ate, but i got so sick of it. now i exercise around 3 times a week, and eat healthily, but dont feel guilty if i have an occasional treat of chocolate or ice cream or the odd take-away. if you really restrict your calories, you will feel awful after a while, and you may be thin, but you wont look good, as you probably wont be getting all the nutrients you need, so your hair, skin and nails will look terrible as a result of this, and you will probably feel tired and hungry all the time as well.
I think that life is too short to be a fat mess. I'd rather have a fantastic body and enjoy the benefits that come with it and have a rough idea of my calorie intake. I'm not talking about measuring everything out, but having a rough idea of what I'm eating so that I can roughly guess within a few hundred calories what I've eaten in a day.

Latest