The Student Room Group

What Impact has the Internet had on education?

Has it hindered it or made it better? Any future predictions on where it will advance to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I think the Internet has definitely improved our education although obviously there are its disadvantages as is there for any concept. It has allowed students like me to access mark schemes and some teaching materials without necessarily being reliant on teachers. If someone misses a day of school then they can catch up online. People can also communicate together such as on here to ask each other exam questions etc. It can also help you with coursework aswell. Some people do use the Internet to their disadvantage such as sitting there on Facebook all day rather than studying or copying information off the Internet for their coursework but overall I think it has helped the education system as opposed to hindering it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
i think it has improved it we can find out more information about areas we dont know and is great in schools i think it will definitely become more advanced in the future though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
With regards to future predictions I think that eventually some teachers will Skype students at home if the teacher or student has taken a day off school although I think that Skype between teachers and students already happens in some rural places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My own experiences tells me it both helps and hinders, hugely but it is in my own control for which of those it does

Posted from TSR Mobile
It means that "the dog ate my homework" has now been replaced by "my internet wasn't working" as the number 1 excuse for not doing homework.

It makes it much easier to find information. I remember back in primary school having to look in books for information about certain things. However, it also provides an infinite number of ways to procrastinate.
Reply 6
Original post by Gott
Doesn't the fact that your on TSR now tell you anything?

How? I dont come here looking for help on my homework mate.. try again at being a smart-ass as you have failed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Gott
I meant that you'd be procrastinating

#youfail

Are you high?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending