The Student Room Group

Which uni do i go to??

I've decided that these two are my top choices but i have to choose one or the other

i have no idea what to do

For maths in general lancaster is ranked higher

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frances98
For maths in general lancaster is ranked higher
Edit: lancaster is better for both

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lancaster is one of the leaders in maths especially for statistics. however your decision needs to be made on where you feel most comfortable and whether you want a city environment in Leicester or a quiet small town campus uni in lancaster
Reply 4
im worried i wont get the grades so im leaning towards the uc offer at leicester

i know its not the right way to make the decision but are there any upsides to it?
Original post by scriberg
im worried i wont get the grades so im leaning towards the uc offer at leicester

i know its not the right way to make the decision but are there any upsides to it?

What is your offer and what are you predicted/think you'll get

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by frances98
What is your offer and what are you predicted/think you'll get

Posted from TSR Mobile

lancaster as AAB but im probably gonna get B's which wont get me in
Reply 7

Is your unconditional at Leicester a genuine unconditional or is it only unconditional if you make it your firm choice? If it's a genuine unconditional and you would definitely be happy to go there, you could consider putting Lancaster as your firm and insuring Leicester. That way if you missed the grades for Lancaster and they rejected you, you would still definitely get to go to Leicester.

Can you visit both unis to get a feel for them? If you can, this may help you make your decision.

You still have several months to think about it anyway, so don't rush your decision. The last thing you need is to make a hasty decision and then regret it.
Reply 8
Original post by FionaMG
Is your unconditional at Leicester a genuine unconditional or is it only unconditional if you make it your firm choice? If it's a genuine unconditional and you would definitely be happy to go there, you could consider putting Lancaster as your firm and insuring Leicester. That way if you missed the grades for Lancaster and they rejected you, you would still definitely get to go to Leicester.

Can you visit both unis to get a feel for them? If you can, this may help you make your decision.

You still have several months to think about it anyway, so don't rush your decision. The last thing you need is to make a hasty decision and then regret it.

i dont think its only unconditional if i accept
would i check this clause on ucas or the letter the uni sent me?
Reply 9
i dont think its only unconditional if i accept
would i check this clause on ucas or the letter the uni sent me?

I'm inclined to think it's probably a genuine unconditional since it's showing like that on your UCAS track. The details should be on both track and the letter the uni sent you.

The reason I mentioned this is that there are several unis this year giving out what I would have to call "conditional unconditional" offers but from what I can gather from the people who have posted here on TSR about such offers they initially show as "conditional" on track, then a separate e-mail is sent saying the offer will be upgraded to unconditional if firmed.
If there's no mention of this sort of thing on your offer then you're good to go.

Congratulations on your offers and good luck with your choice. :smile:
lol @ maths

i switched from maths to economics as soon as i realised how stupid maths is
Reply 11
Original post by harryarmpits
lol @ maths

i switched from maths to economics as soon as i realised how stupid maths is

but isnt econ based around maths
but isnt econ based around maths

maths =/= economics bro

Quick Reply