The Student Room Group

'Keep daffodils away from food, supermarkets warned'

How incredibly stupid would you have to be to consume a daffodil? Discuss!
Reply 1
Bloody daffodils coming to our supermarkets and taking our food.
Its beyond me how people can be stupid enough to mistake flowers for food. Even though it did specify foreign people I believe even still! Common sense!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stop hating on daffodils
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Stop hating on daffodils

Not daffodils, the people who eat them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blame the Welsh.
Original post by billyfisher100
How incredibly stupid would you have to be to consume a daffodil? Discuss!

Original post by frances98
Its beyond me how people can be stupid enough to mistake flowers for food. Even though it did specify foreign people I believe even still! Common sense!

It's not totally stupid. Apparently they look similar to something that people eat in China, so if they're in the food section there's no reason why common sense wouldn't dictate that it's the same thing. They don't eat the flower part - they eat the bulbs and green parts, which look like particular Chinese roots and herbs.

However, it's a very small amount of people, so it looks like most people check, or have heard of daffodils.
Original post by Octohedral
It's not totally stupid. Apparently they look similar to something that people eat in China, so if they're in the food section there's no reason why common sense wouldn't dictate that it's the same thing. They don't eat the flower part - they eat the bulbs and green parts, which look like particular Chinese roots and herbs.

However, it's a very small amount of people, so it looks like most people check, or have heard of daffodils.

I think we should put them as close to the food as possible and let natural selection take its course for a while.
Original post by billyfisher100
I think we should put them as close to the food as possible and let natural selection take its course for a while.

This. I like this. Let natural selection run its course

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending