The Student Room Group

The University of Manchester vs King's College London

Hi,

I have received offers for MSc in Human Resource Management at both The University of Manchester and King's College London and as a foreigner I would like to ask you for your help/opinions/advice:

Which university would you go for and why?

Thanks in advance!!
I think Manchester Business School has a better reputation for business subjects, even though KCL is well known too as a university.
Reply 2
I have the same doubt (thanks GandalfWhite for your help and Klara23 for posting), why does MBS has a better reputation in Business than KCL? I thought that KCL was better than Manchester. I would also like to know your opinion about Cass. Thanks in advance!
Reply 3
Manchester has a big reputation because the uni is huge and popular not necessarily good. I think going for Manchester is a gamble, KCL is more trustworthy imo.
I've heard a lot of bad things about Manchester but nothing bad about KCL.
Manchester Business School has been around for quite some time. Not as famous as London Business School, but MBS is different as it has undergraduate degrees, like many other business schools that have been set up more recently, compared to MBS. You will note such business schools in many universities as the universities project their seriousness and emphasis in business and management related studies. I am not very familiar with KCL but the obvious is that Kings is famous for Law and may be on the way to building up their economics and management department, with strong demand from students for such degrees. The establishment of a 'Business School' is a signal to applicants and employers - Warwick Business School, Lancaster Business School, etc etc. But, I agree that big is not necessarily good, neither is it necessarily bad ... best to ask around for more opinions, perhaps on a Manchester thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending