The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Applying for accomodation

I know applications aren't yet open for 15/16 but I noticed that you have to register before you apply and on the website it says using your student ID. Is this the same as my UCAS ID or will/should I have receive(d) a separate coventry student ID in an email?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by L_C_P
I know applications aren't yet open for 15/16 but I noticed that you have to register before you apply and on the website it says using your student ID. Is this the same as my UCAS ID or will/should I have receive(d) a separate coventry student ID in an email?

Hi L_C_P,
Just to let you know, I've contacted our accommodation team about this - I will get back to you as soon as they let me know :smile:

- Josh
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Cov Uni
Hi L_C_P,
Just to let you know, I've contacted our accommodation team about this - I will get back to you as soon as they let me know :smile:

- Josh

Ok great, thanks
Reply 3
I wanted to stay in callice court but the rooms are all full already, does anyone know if more will become available nearer the time for sep 15' intake
Reply 4
Original post by Staff596
I wanted to stay in callice court but the rooms are all full already, does anyone know if more will become available nearer the time for sep 15' intake

Dont think applications for September '15 are open until March. I think its only saying its full for the January intake.
Reply 5
Original post by L_C_P
Dont think applications for September '15 are open until March. I think its only saying its full for the January intake.

I thought as much, however I emailed them and they said they have been open for reservations since November
Reply 6
I thought as much, however I emailed them and they said they have been open for reservations since November

Hi guys,
University owned accommodation opens for booking in March, if you have applied here as your first choice you will get an e-mail when it is open for selection :smile:

- Josh
Reply 7
Original post by Cov Uni
Hi guys,
University owned accommodation opens for booking in March, if you have applied here as your first choice you will get an e-mail when it is open for selection :smile:

- Josh
so what's that mean for callice?
Reply 8
Original post by Cov Uni
Hi guys,

- Josh

Thanks, did you get a reply about the student ID thing?
Reply 9
Original post by L_C_P
Thanks, did you get a reply about the student ID thing?

Hi,
Yes you will be sent a university student ID, you will get this in your course offer letter. Recruitment and Admissions send this out to you, advising you that you can now apply for accommodation, around March.

If you do not have your ID Number by this point you can always e.mail [email protected]

- Josh
Reply 10
so what's that mean for callice?

You can book with them in advance privately if you choose, but the university will release more rooms there when the rest of accommodation booking goes live

Josh
Original post by Cov Uni
You can book with them in advance privately if you choose, but the university will release more rooms there when the rest of accommodation booking goes live

Josh
okay thankyou, can you do group bookings with this?
Reply 12
okay thankyou, can you do group bookings with this?

That is something you'd have to approach Unite about separately, as they are an external company to the university unfortunately!
- Josh
Reply 13
Original post by Cjgonzalez94
I have a couple of questions about the dates of accommodation opening..if anyone knows the answers please reply!

Coventry, Sussex and Winchester have all offered me unconditional places for media subjects. Coventry is my favourite and I am pretty sure I'm going to firm my offer there...the only issue thy is worrying me is the accommodation.

I know the accommodation opens mid March, does anyone know how long the process takes and how quickly the en-suit rooms will run out?

I have an open day for winchester on the 21st March and I'd really like to visit there before I firm Coventry, just to double check I am making the right decision but I'm concerned if I apply for my accommodation after the first week of it being open that I will not he garenteed an en-suite.

All thoughts welcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have mates that go to Coventry university, I would recommend probably going into the university and asking them for a tour. Only because i believe spaces run out extremely fast. I will be going coventry in Sep 15. (super excited) It also depends if you prefer ensuite or sharing bathroom. :smile:
I've accepted Coventry as my firm! So exciting so I'll be there in September too.
Not sure what decisions I'm gonna put down for accommodation yet though...
Have you decided??
My friend has already applied for and had her accommodation confirmed for sept 15 entry but I haven't had my email still to register and book my accommodation and it opens tomorrow morning. Really worried I will end up somewhere that I won't want to live...
Reply 16
Original post by Loulouchis
My friend has already applied for and had her accommodation confirmed for sept 15 entry but I haven't had my email still to register and book my accommodation and it opens tomorrow morning. Really worried I will end up somewhere that I won't want to live...

I know right, i accepted my unconditional offer however i was meant to receive a user ID from the uni.. however i received nothing. Hopefully i will get liberty point!
Reply 17
Original post by Cjgonzalez94
I've accepted Coventry as my firm! So exciting so I'll be there in September too.
Not sure what decisions I'm gonna put down for accommodation yet though...
Have you decided??

Yes same here I'm super excited. Im going to choose Ensuite as first Liberty point.
Original post by Diwani
I know right, i accepted my unconditional offer however i was meant to receive a user ID from the uni.. however i received nothing. Hopefully i will get liberty point!

I'm too hoping mine will come through very soon, yeah I think I'm applying for Liberty Point first. :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Loulouchis
I'm too hoping mine will come through very soon, yeah I think I'm applying for Liberty Point first. :smile:

What do we do if we have yet not received our user id????:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest